Different Hair Shampoos

LadyCee

Is it okay to use different types of hair shampoos in like a rotating manner. I want to try a new line this wkend but dont know it might be too much or If it will cause any types of issues. How many of you ladies have more than just one hairline products (i.e. shampoos, condtners, leave ins, n Dc) well wat yall think?

I think it is fine. Sometimes I will use Neutrogena Shampoo and Keracare Conditioner and other times I will use an Mizani Shampoo and Keracare Conditioner. No problems so far, but I'm sure some of the other ladies will come up with better responses.

If you are trying new shampoos until you find a staple, sure. If you use different shampoos for different things... sure. If you just think that they will give your hair different results or they don't work anymore... hardly the case. You're hair probably just needs to be clarified if the product doesn't work like it use to.

I regularly use different shampoos and different lines. I have a volumizing shampoo that I use with other products in the line when I'm wearing my hair roller set and want a lot of body. I use a different shampoo/line for wash-n-go's. And then I have one that I use for when I will wear my hair straight (either blow dry and flat iron or for a roller-wrap).

They each actually do work differently for me. The one that I use for when I want my hair straight has a lot of silicone in it, which coats the hair and helps it resist humidity so it stays straighter. I don't use this too much because it builds up and tends to dry my hair out if I use it frequently.

The shampoo I use for wash-n-go's is just a basic moisturizing shampoo with no sulfates. I use this the most frequently.

I used Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Shampoo for the first wash, then Cream of Nature Moisturizing/Detangling shampoo for the second wash.

Or Suave Professional Biobasics shampoo for the first wash and Cream of Nature Moisturizing/Detangling shampoo for the second wash.

After the shampoo is rinsed out, I use Motions Moisture Plus as a deep conditioner or Motions CPR.

I don't rotate or use the Verifen Complex products with any other hair care line.

Incidentally, I bring all of my hair care products into the salon.

Last edited:
Back