Disappointed...

crumbling_images

Ok, I don't post that often on the forum, but today I just had to vent. I'm so disappointed with the smaller, not-so-mainstream purveyors of hair products. I love, love supporting those with small businesses but as of late, my service has been lackluster. So much in fact, that I'm actually back in the stores looking for products that I was totally sure were solved by these small vendors.

Taliah Waajid's site is horrible, horrible with their customer service. I mean, do they ever respond to their business email? Luckily, their products are available mainstream now so I guess I shouldn't really complain...but I would like customer service to respond to my product questions...at the very least.

Robin Wood's Afro Detangler from the Grow Afro Hair Long website is another one on my disappointed list. I love the Afro Detangler. It's a good product and it lasts a very long time but I've been waiting close to three weeks for the delivery of my product. WTF? The owner got back with me and promised that my package would ship on Friday, November 9th but that's two full weeks AFTER I've ordered and paid for this product. I don't get it. I don't mind waiting for a product, especially when I'm told UP FRONT that it'll take two weeks to ship. Now...I'm hoping and praying for something to come between now and next year.

And the biggest disappointed so far this year had to go to Nu Ade. I love, love, super love their rich, soothing, hair lotion. This past summer, I decided to stock up from my previous order in 2010. I placed an order in July 2011. It's December and I'm still waiting...After five long months, I have no hair oil and no money. My emails and phone calls have gone unanswered. Enough is enough already. Where do they get off still being in business?

I will have to re-evaluate my hair plans for 2012 and go back to the Beauty Supply and Drug Store offerings.

Sorry, you've been having problems.

I love shescentit. Although their shipping has gotten slightly slower, I always seem to get great customer service with quick responses to my emails.

I'm sorry you've had these experiences. I only purchase from the larger small natural companies - Oyin and Qhemet, and I've never had an issue.

I would definitely get my credit card company or PayPal to intervene.

Sorry, you've been having problems.

I love shescentit. Although their shipping has gotten slightly slower, I always seem to get great customer service with quick responses to my emails.

:barf: That is the only company that has left a disgusting taste in my mouth. Paid money for products I never received and was basically accused of lying and trying to get over when I contacted the owner :ohwell:.

I haven't had trouble with any of the other small businesses I have dealt with. Not even KBB or Enso.

:barf: That is the only company that has left a disgusting taste in my mouth. Paid money for products I never received and was basically accused of lying and trying to get over when I contacted the owner :ohwell:.

I haven't had trouble with any of the other small businesses I have dealt with. Not even KBB or Enso.

Wow! That is so far from my experiences with them. Everytime I emailed them I got a response the same day. I even received a discount when they made a mistake a while back.

It's too bad you dont get the same service

I'm sorry you've had these experiences. I only purchase from the larger small natural companies - Oyin and Qhemet, and I've never had an issue.

I would definitely get my credit card company or PayPal to intervene.

You're absolutely right. I'm a regular user of Oyin's products and never had any issues.

I'll just chalk it up as a lesson learned.

5 months? That is ridiculous. You should definitely see if your credit card company will still do a chargeback. Just explain, and depending on your card issuer, they may refund you immediately.

Darcy's Botanicals has great customer service, but her shipping is a bit slow (you'll receive your products within 2-3 weeks). Other than that, she is very reliable and I will continue to order products from her in the future.

Back