Dissapointed with the Sedu

Zakina

Ok,
so I bought the Sedu flatiron some months ago. I returned it after trying it 2-3times. Each time I tried it (I only tried it on a small section of hair) all I ended up with was a flattned frizz that reverted almost instantly!. I soooo want a good flatiron but I was so friggin disappointed after I had used the Sedu that I was beginning to think that I would never be able to get my hair straight with a flatiron since the Sedu is supposed to be the best one.

has anyone had the same experiance with the sedu as I had and did you get better results with another iron?

I'm surprised at the flattened frizz, Could it be your technique? Or the temp you used? Maybe pulling the hair tauter would help?

Safina87 said:
Ok,
so I bought the Sedu flatiron some months ago. I returned it after trying it 2-3times. Each time I tried it (I only tried it on a small section of hair) all I ended up with was a flattned frizz that reverted almost instantly!. I soooo want a good flatiron but I was so friggin disappointed after I had used the Sedu that I was beginning to think that I would never be able to get my hair straight with a flatiron since the Sedu is supposed to be the best one.

has anyone had the same experiance with the sedu as I had and did you get better results with another iron?

Have u considered the maxiglide? Thats the one Ive been eyeing. I had similar results with my chi turbo as u did with the sedu. But I think with the teeth in the maxiglide it actually straightens instead of flattening. Lots of raves over here about it, u might wanna check it out.

Leslie_C said:
Have u considered the maxiglide? Thats the one Ive been eyeing. I had similar results with my chi turbo as u did with the sedu. But I think with the teeth in the maxiglide it actually straightens instead of flattening. Lots of raves over here about it, u might wanna check it out.

That's what I was going to say. I LOVE my Maxiglide. It's the first electric flatiron EVER to get my hair straight. It's the teeth, definately the teeth :grin: and the steam.

Last edited:
sprungonhairboards said:
That's what I was going to say. I LOVE my Maxiglide. It's the first electric flatiron EVER to to my hair straight. It's the teeth, definately the teeth :grin: and the steam.
AMEN, maxiglide is my friend :)

I was also disappointed with mine. I had returned my Chi to get the Sedu, but I think the Chi worked better on my natural hair.

The Sedu works on my sisters hair though. That was the only reason why I kept it.

My hair is relaxed, and I didn't use any products before going over the small section f hair I tried it on. I dont have any money right now, =( but I will be checking out the Maxiglide...but for, now any cheaper altternatives?

You should put some biosilk on your hair before you flatiron it.

This is what I did before doing my sister's hair.

Washed it.
Deep conditoned it. (made her sit under the dryer for 25 minutes)
Put Biosilk on it, a little setting lotion, and leave in conditioner. (while still wet)
Put her back under the dryer for about 1hr.
Blow dryed it.
Flat ironed it in really small sections.

It came out perfect.

I feel ya. I've never had success with flatirons (relaxed or natural). I own a ceramic, gold-plated (remember those?), CHI, and recently returned a Maxiglide knockoff. The only thing that straightens my hair is rollersets and the pressing comb.

The Sedu did not work out for me either. The first flat iron that I fell in love with was the FHI. It straightened my natural hair and left it shiny and full with lots of body. After hearing so many great reviews on the Sedu, I ordered it just to have a second iron. Unfortunately, it did not straighten my hair at all. If flattened my hair, bit it was still puffy. I ended up giving it to my sister who has relaxed hair and she loves it. She uses a silicon serum on her hair before using the iron. I have since ordered another FHI with the red plates. We used it last weekend to straighten 3 very different heads of natural hair and one head of relaxed hair. It zoomed through all 4 haeads with ease. I have the old FHI, the new FHI and I want to order and 3rd one because I am thinking of giving my older one to my niece who has relaxed her so that it will keep her hair healthier. She is into healthy hair care so she has been trying to hit me up for it.

:eek: I am shocked by this. I absolutely SWEAR BY MY SEDU! I use it on my transition 12 weeks post relaxer hair with a heat protectant and I'm very happy with it's results.

Could it be the amount of heat, hair or time you are spending that is creating the poor results?

My mom uses the maxiglide and likes it. Good luck.

Back