SEDU USERS!

peachykeen

I have tried Maxiglide, Chi, and now FHI which I liked better than the other two but my hair reverted at the roots in 2 days even though Im 100% natural. Plus my hair was a little dry. Now, I am thinking of getting the SEDU. Question: Has the SEDU damaged or dried out your hair since you began using it. What are your reveiws on the SEDU Revolution?

I have the Sedu Revolution and the FHI Platform...I love the FHI Platform way better. Don't know what the difference is between the two technology wise, but the Platform out performs the Sedu any day of the week.

To answer your question, my hair never felt dry or damaged using my Sedu. However, I only used about 4 times in 2 years.

I am a true sedu girl! I luv my lil poohpooh! She is a great tool. I don't flatiron often but when I do she gives my hair a nice silky swang-swang finish. I haven't noticed any damage. My hair reverts back after washing it. As far as splits, I just use a heat protectant and I have a certain flatiron technique I use. So I don't have to go over each section of hair more than twice.

I have the original 1/2" sedu. Not the revolution. Which I don't think there is a difference between the two since it’s the same tourmaline plate but on a different flatiron style.

OK, cause I had a PINK FHI Platform and it was lovely, but then I decided I didnt need it and sent it back to folica and ended up missing it and got a regular platform. BUT,the plates dont touch! Is this normal? So, I decided that since I was sending it back maybe I should just get the Sedu. What made the FHI better, did it make your hair feel smoother?

BOINGBOING:
Its the swing thing that has me interested. But, you brought up a good point when you said 'technique', that maybe the key. Also, I want the 1 inch Sedu...I think.

Last edited:
My hair is much more shinier and smoother with the Platform. Don't get me wrong, the Sedu works well too. It will give you a hard press or a nice sleek look if thats what you want, but for some reason my hair loves the Platform much better.

I straightened my hair with the Platform in January and it lasted with sleekness, body and movement for 8 days...no kidding.

I usually do my mother's hair and she prefers the Platform over the Sedu. Not to mention, my Sedu is broken (it doesn't warm up anymore) and I've used it less than 20 times.

To me, the sedu is the best. It gets my hair straight in one pass using the comb chase method but I like to go over it again lightly to seal the deal. I even don't have to use the highest setting either and my hair reverts back quickly. I also have the original 1.5" but was thinking about getting the sedu revolution but I change my mind cuz my flatiron is not broken.

I have the original 1 inch Sedu. I like it and it fits in my hands easily. Never noticed any damage or dryness with it.

I like it.

I'm a sedu girl too. Lol. I absolutely love it. I have pictures of my straightened natural hair with the sedu in my fotki. I loved the results!

BOINGBOING:
Its the swing thing that has me interested. But, you brought up a good point when you said 'technique', that maybe the key. Also, I want the 1 inch Sedu...I think.

oops that's what I meant. My big sedu is 1" (i have the sedu mini that one is 1/2").

Yep I do the chase method with one of those double vent brushes (kinda looks like a flatiron). Here's a tutorial that silvergirl made. I pretty much do what she does in the video. But I think she blow dries her hair (I don't blow dry I air dry mine).

Hope this helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtEaFV5IVw

I've never used FHI but have both a sedu blow dryer and flat iron. I love them. I use heat a good amount in the fall and winter and I don't have much damage at all and my hair always comes out very soft.

My next flatiron i'd like to give FHI a try though.

oops that's what I meant. My big sedu is 1" (i have the sedu mini that one is 1/2").

Yep I do the chase method with one of those double vent brushes (kinda looks like a flatiron). Here's a tutorial that silvergirl made. I pretty much do what she does in the video. But I think she blow dries her hair (I don't blow dry I air dry mine).

Hope this helps!
YouTube - How i flatiron natural hair for volume, natural shine, and swiiiiiing!

Your hair progress is great! You will be WL before you know it!

Back