DIY Havana Twists

meecee

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to share pics of the Havana Twists I did last night. I used one and a half packs of hair from finger comber.com. For each twist I used two pieces of hair. It took me about 4 hours because I had trouble starting the base of some of the twists using the invisible roots method. Overall I love the style and have plenty of hair left over because I ordered 5 packs of hair. The havana twist hair was very easy to work with. It blends extremely well with 4a/b hair. I twisted in dry stretched hair that was air dried overnight. Hope that's enough detail :grin:

I also watched every video I could find on YT before getting started.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 509

Harina

Oh, I really want to try these. I thought I could do this with regular kinky twist, but Im seeing that the fingercomber hair is a bit different.

meecee

Oh, I really want to try these. I thought I could do this with regular kinky twist, but Im seeing that the fingercomber hair is a bit different.

A lot of the ladies on YT and various blogs did their own using marley hair. I think it can be done, but the marley hair is rougher than the havana twist hair. I think it's worth it to order the hair from fingercomber.com especially since the hair can be washed and reused.

KinkyGenius

I love that Havana Twist hair from fingercomber.com, I recently installed some Puffy Twists using that hair:

Just took them out this weekend, I wore them for 4 weeks (I redid some of the front after two weeks as well as washed the twists/my scalp). This was my 3rd set of these using the same hair, I could have saved the hair and continued to get additional uses out of it but I did end up discarding the hair this time around. I may try them larger like you did though, I really love the look!

Fhrizzball

I love that Havana Twist hair from fingercomber.com, I recently installed some Puffy Twists using that hair:

Just took them out this weekend, I wore them for 4 weeks (I redid some of the front after two weeks as well as washed the twists/my scalp). This was my 3rd set of these using the same hair, I could have saved the hair and continued to get additional uses out of it but I did end up discarding the hair this time around. I may try them larger like you did though, I really love the look!

Love it. How many packs did you have to use for that style?

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I'm thinking of doing this to my hair for the summer. Does the Havanna Hair come in different lengths? My hair is close to MBL and when I went to Fingercomber.com, I didn't see a length option.

Fhrizzball

I'm thinking of doing this to my hair for the summer. Does the Havanna Hair come in different lengths? My hair is close to MBL and when I went to Fingercomber.com, I didn't see a length option.

THey only come in one length but since you'll be using multiple strands you can adjust it to lengthen or shorten. Unstreched it's about 24 inches and stretched it's about 30 ish give or take a few.

ackee walk

your hair looks great meecee. i have absolutely no DIY skills whatsoever.

does anyone know where i can get havana twists done in NY? i've heard afrigenix but i think they may have shut down.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
THey only come in one length but since you'll be using multiple strands you can adjust it to lengthen or shorten. Unstreched it's about 24 inches and stretched it's about 30 ish give or take a few.

Thanks Fhrizzball! I'll probably purchase the hair this week.

What color are you guys getting and what color is your hair? Please describe since I don't know what the 1B, 3d, designators are as applied to hair color. I, know, but I don't color my hair, I only henna........

Thanks!

tiffjust2002

Oh I like these a lot, they look great, you did a great job! I want to do these for my daughter for the summer.....off to research :)

meecee

LadyBugsy I used just over two packs of hair. I used two pieces for each twist except on my edges I used one piece. I've had the twists in 4 weeks now. I retwisted the front 2 rows last week.

curlicarib I bought the colors dark hazelnut and amber for the highlights. Dark hazelnut is similar to color #4.

Last edited:

meecee

I ordered 3 bags I need something so I can hit the gym hard the next 5 weeks.

You will love this style. It looks more natural the older the twist get. I was able to wash my twists pretty easily using diluted shampoo and tresseme naturals to condition.

meecee

Unfortunately it only comes in one length. I would like to be able to continue using this brand as my hair gets longer. Make sure you post pics of yiur twists.