DLow shampoo system

Pumpkin

I thought it was a waste of money. When I purchased it, the products did not even have a list of ingredients. It did not soften my then natural 4a/b hair like it promised...only made it harder and dryer. I think you would be better off purchasing regular products at the beauty supply store.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Someone on another hair board also complained about the ingredients not being on the products and said the rosemary hair oil is just rosemary scented hair grease.
I never tried this system--the hair photos on the site don't appeal to me at all!
Is there another photo of Dorothy Low on the site besides the tiny one?

free2bme

I don't buy into the whole no moisture thing. Just doesn't make sense to me. We are made up of 70% water. Moisture=Good, dehydration=bad. Why should this theory not apply to our hair.

When folks like Mrs. Low & Mr. John espouse these views thet should clarify. I agree moisture is not the thing you want after you've just flat ironed/pressed your hair but it is for style preservation not for hair health. Many so called professionals can not distinguish b/w healthy hair or a banging hairstyle.

hairfanatic

Hi Leneer,

Yes, I have tried it but I was turned off when I blowdried and my hair shedded so bad. The product really dries the hair because it's a "no moisture product line" , but I did like the oils and protein spray that were included in the product. I just think that when you blowdry, that in itself is more than drying to the hair, then you put products that dry it out more and cause it to break.

Some people have had success with it some haven't, it just depends. You will get a lot of recommendations on this board and what works for one person may not work for the other. I personally think that when it comes to your own hair and you are trying to find a system, it will take a lot of trial and error (using different products) because you never know how your hair may react to a product.

Tara

I thought this was her.

carrie

This was actually the first thing I purchased after I found hair boards. I bought the system and followed the directions. I called her personally to get info on relaxed hair that is wet frequently from sweat. She said to just apply more of the oil (or one of the product, I honestly don't remember) and blow dry.

Soon after this I was getting info from SweetCocoa on what to do when your hair is shedding constantly.