DMV Natural Chicas...Where do they sell Dominican DCs?

bride91501

DMV Chicas...Where do they sell Dominican DCs?

So, I'm on the hunt this morning for the highly touted Dominican deep conditioners I've been hearing you ladies rave about for over a year.

Are there any any places on the ground in the DMV where I can buy the DCs? I'd prefer somewhere in DC or MD, but I'd even make an exception and drive into no-man's land (AKA Virginia :lol:... I kid, I kid)

TIA chicas :grin:

Last edited:
Hi! Have you thought of going to a Dominican salon to see if you could buy it there? Oh and my local bss has a select few, but that's the only place I know of. I'll let you know if I find some places!

They sell them at the Dominican salons and the beauty supply store inside of Wheaton mall. When I lived in DC, I got mine from that beauty supply or Giovanni's Dominican Salon (Alter Ego Cren).

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

In "no-man's land" aka Virginia :lachen: I get mine from Freestyle Beauty in Alexandria. Only a few exits down from Pentagon City, not too bad. They have a NICE selection of Dominican products.

In "no-man's land" aka Virginia :lachen: I get mine from Freestyle Beauty in Alexandria. Only a few exits down from Pentagon City, not too bad. They have a NICE selection of Dominican products.

I am just gonna have to make the trek to Freestyle Beauty one day. They just have everything even Qhemet. Well I can hold off for now since the Qhemet web sale is tomorrow :look:

I usually get my stash for Chelsea Beauty Supply in PG Plaza mall. The have a good selection including entire Silicon Mix line. I get my Alter Ego products from Giovanni's in Adams Morgan.

HTH

Last edited:
You can try the Hair & Body Boutique at 11211-A New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20904. Its in the White Oak shopping center.

I know you said you wanted somewhere on the ground, BUT the prices on sickbay.biz are just too cheap for me to not to at least mention it to you. And they have tons of Dominican products.

I am just gonna have to make the trek to Freestyle Beauty one day. They just have everything even Qhemet. Well I can hold off for now since the Qhemet web sale is tomorrow :look:

prettyinpurple Yep they sure do. All the Curl Junkie line too. I also like that the guy that does their purchasing listens to the customers. He was very diligent in trying to get in touch with Oyin. I am going to work on him about Bee Mine next. :lachen:

I've seen them in landover by Sintia's dominican salon. It's over by fedex field in landover crossing

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Re: DMV Chicas...Where do they sell Dominican DCs?

Thanks for all the recs ladies.

And my bad for the "natural" reference in the thread subject...I'd actually planned to post a thread on another subject first, and got distracted by my 4 yo lol. No more 4am bed times for me, I promise :)

Thanks again!

Looks like her website and FB page are gone :perplexed

But did she carry Dominican DCs? If so, I never saw them. Big ol tubs of products would've caught my eye :lol:

WOW...you are right. Even her personal page is GONZO! Maybe she is about to relaunch the website. She said on her FB page the other day that she was trying to sale the last of the online products so she could reopen. No, I never saw Dominican products in there.

Bus from Pentagon Metro. Yes I have looked in this several times :lol: I need a partner for the trek so holla if you go!

OK let's plan this^^^^!

I didn't know the Hair & body closed down their FB page. The last update I remember was asking if we would patronize a store near Howard U! Almost everyone replied (including me) YESSSS!!!! lol Then I thought about our other thread...I know they read the hair forums.:yep:

Is this place Metro accessible??

Sunshine_One Ok so when you say Metro I think the actual metro train, so My answer is No :lol: but if you mean taking the metro THEN a bus then Yes. LOL I only take the blue or yellow lines so I am not the one to ask about Metro. My knowledge goes from Springfield to Pentagon City, Oh and the Smithsonian stop. LOL

I didn't even notice the title of this thread said "naturals" lol. roundbrushhair.com is another good online source. I used to use Bluebeez, but stopped after the site had so many bad reviews on here.

I saw a bunch of Dominican products at this beauty supply in Waldorf, MD. It's the beauty supply store between GNC and Ross.

I'm not natural, but I have purchased Dominican products from Freestyle Beauty. Off 395 exit 3 in no-man's land.

The best beauty supply store in the Montgomery county is in the Glenmont shopping center. The place is called classic beauty supply. There prices are the best and they have a GREAT selection.

address: 12335 Georgia Ave #E, Silver Spring, MD 20906

I would recommend checking out the Q-Marts, H-Marts and Lotte's(international grocers) if you have them nearby. They have alot of Japanese and Dominican hair care products...

Back