Do ceramic blow dryers really make a difference?

zzirvingj

Do they get the hair straighter or what? What is the difference between my regular old blow dryer and a ceramic one? Aren't the ceramic ones more expensive?

For those that have used both, did you really see a difference in your hair when using a ceramic dryer as compared to a regular one?

TIA!!

Candy_C

not sure, but IONIC BLOWDRYERS are the best. they dry in like 75% less time..NO LIE my hair usually takes 45 mins blowdrying dry, i use my ionic for 10mins !!

also, much healthier as they use other ions

ps. ya hairs lovely n thick

Candy
xx

zzirvingj

Candy_C said:
not sure, but IONIC BLOWDRYERS are the best. they dry in like 75% less time..NO LIE my hair usually takes 45 mins blowdrying dry, i use my ionic for 10mins !!

Candy
xx

Thanks for the complement! Glad 2 c u back...excellent progress and GORGEOUS HAIR!

So I am browsing at blow dryers on folica.com right now and I see a couple of CERAMIC dryers that state use IONIC heat. So do some dryers do both?? What is the difference between being ceramic and ionic?

Blackoutzangel05

I have an ionic blow dryer, didn't even know it had to check out walmart.com...i use it on low heat when do blow dry my hair out, once a month and it only took me like 20 minutes to blow dry my hair. and it was extremely straight it got puffy soon but it was a good job for low heat. Normally with high heat it takes me about 30 minutes. Don't know about ceramic though

HoneyDew

I agree with Candy_C. My Rusk Hyper-Ionic drys so much faster than other dryers I have used. I don't use it much because I airdry, but sometimes I will have damp roots even after hours of airdrying and I use my dryer to finish the job. I swear, on my damp hair, I only need to use it on medium heat and low speed for a couple of min. to finish the drying off. It used to take much longer with my regular and ceramic dryers.

lana

I have a ceramic and ionic dryer. As far as I know Ceramic dryers are made with Ceramic material and it's ionic because they use Ions to dry the hair quicker. I hope I said that right.

Yes, I have both and you betta believe that the Ceramic/Ionic blowdryer that cost me about $45.00 blow dries my hair in like 10 minutes, compared to my old Gold N Hot blow dryer which was just regular heat and would take up to half an hour of high heat in order to get this stuff dry. My hair can hold some water.

I am sooooo glad I found out about Ceramic/Ionic blow dryers and by the way...I blow dry on low once a week or so.

zzirvingj

lana said:
I have a ceramic and ionic dryer. As far as I know Ceramic dryers are made with Ceramic material and it's ionic because they use Ions to dry the hair quicker. I hope I said that right.

Yes, I have both and you betta believe that the Ceramic/Ionic blowdryer that cost me about $45.00 blow dries my hair in like 10 minutes, compared to my old Gold N Hot blow dryer which was just regular heat and would take up to half an hour of high heat in order to get this stuff dry. My hair can hold some water.

I am sooooo glad I found out about Ceramic/Ionic blow dryers and by the way...I blow dry on low once a week or so.

What brand is your ceramic/ionic dryer?

MissScarlett

I got the Revlon tourmaline 8175 ionic dryer and I LOVE IT. I can't remember who posted the recommendation but I'm sooo glad she did. Cuts my drying time in half AND i've never used a diffuser when I wear my hair curly, I typically just air dry and go but this is the best as far as making your curls pop. The price is great too.

luvlonghair

zzirvingj said:
Do they get the hair straighter or what? What is the difference between my regular old blow dryer and a ceramic one? Aren't the ceramic ones more expensive?

For those that have used both, did you really see a difference in your hair when using a ceramic dryer as compared to a regular one?

TIA!!

I don't know about ceramic, but ionic is healthier for the hair. It conditions your hair while it dries. You really can tell the difference when you touch it afterwards.:)

Candy_C

i seriousley think there the best.

i probabley recommended it a few months back, not sure if it was this forum...

when i get to hiplength i will wash and blowdry every 2-3 weeks..i know my hair will stay considerabley healthy with ionic dryers

Candy
xx

HoneyDew

Candy_C said:
i seriousley think there the best.

i probabley recommended it a few months back, not sure if it was this forum...

when i get to hiplength i will wash and blowdry every 2-3 weeks..i know my hair will stay considerabley healthy with ionic dryers

Candy
xx

I think you did post when you got your dryer. If it is the same one I am thinking about. Didn't you post pics of it and everything?

zzirvingj

MissScarlett said:
I got the Revlon tourmaline 8175 ionic dryer and I LOVE IT. I can't remember who posted the recommendation but I'm sooo glad she did. Cuts my drying time in half AND i've never used a diffuser when I wear my hair curly, I typically just air dry and go but this is the best as far as making your curls pop. The price is great too.

I might have to get this one! It is priced very reasonably!

scorpian

I'm glad that ya'll posted this thread
I have been searching for a new blowdryer mine is on it's last leg it doesn't perform as well as it did before. I have had it for a while and now I want a different brand.
I have the ionic one from Sally's I pd $40 for it but my hair feels dried out after it dries and takes a few hrs to feel soft again.
I have been looking at Folica and eyeing the Babybliss Ionic ceramic dryer
I've also searched here on this site for reviews but I'm still on the fence there are soo many to choose from :perplexed

Candy_C

HoneyDew said:
I think you did post when you got your dryer. If it is the same one I am thinking about. Didn't you post pics of it and everything?

oh yeah! i did!

its somewhere in the archives

where did you get yours from HoneyDew? and hope your cool, havent spoke to you in ages, hope you and your hairs well!

Candy

xx

HoneyDew

I know, girl. I was glad to see you back on the board. Someone was just asking aout you, too - asking where you had been.

My hair is making really good progress. I have not changed much in length because i have been cutting it gradually to remove all traces damaged hair but the health of my hair was made a 360! Who knew my hair could actually move and shine liek this - I really have been lovingmy hair these days!!:D

And look at your progress!!! I was like :eek: I remember the pictures of your hair when it was a APL and when there was that chick hatin' on you on Fotki! :mad:

I got my Dryer from a store/salon called Beauty First. It is one of those places that doubles as a salon and high end BSS. After Christmas they had this dryer in the clearance section for less than $40 :eek: it retails for $165. It was in a pink traincase with some brushes and other things in it.

When I bought it, I had no idea what the retail price was or that it really is a good dryer. After I used it for the 1st time, I realized how good it was and went back to buy another - They were GONE!!!! It was only about 2 days later, too. :eek: Now you know I don't let anybody use my dryer!

Candy_C said:
oh yeah! i did!

its somewhere in the archives

where did you get yours from HoneyDew? and hope your cool, havent spoke to you in ages, hope you and your hairs well!

Candy

xx

sholly6

luvlonghair said:
I don't know about ceramic, but ionic is healthier for the hair. It conditions your hair while it dries. You really can tell the difference when you touch it afterwards.:)

i agree my ionic dries my hair really fast i love it:)

zzirvingj

zzirvingj said:
I might have to get this one! It is priced very reasonably!

UPDATE!!!

MsScarlett-I got the Revlon Tourmaline dryer and I LUV LUV LUV it!! Thanks for the recommendation! ;) :D

Bint Yusef

Candy_C said:

Candy
xx

FOR REAL!

I have a Conair Professional Ionic Blowdryer 2000 watts, and my hair is dried in 5 minutes. I got it from Sallys for like 49.99. The only thing I dont like it about it , is its a tad heavy.

Here is a link
its cermaic and ionic

http://www.folica.com/ConairPro_Therm_d1176.html

Last edited: