Do U buy affirm no lye to self relax??

DMarie

If so this question is for you: What comes in the affirm no lye box of 6 individual paks? I'm thinking about switching from affirm lye to affirm no lye and I self relax unfortunately and wanted to know what all the steps are in the no lye. What is in the box of no lye, ie base mix, activator neutralizer etc.? With the lye I used everything I was supposed to which includes the gentle assurance for my scalp, the protecto for my hair, the lye relaxer followed by the 5n1 then the neutralizer. Now that I might be swithching I'm unsure what comes in the box and don't know what all to purchase. I read some place that the affirm no lye relaxer is a 4 part system but it never said the steps. I assume the protecto is #1 and then the base and activator may be #2 followed by the 5n1 being #3 and neutralizer as #4 but like I said, I'm not sure. Is the neutralizer used for the affirm lye the same one that's to be used with the no lye? I need to know all this so that I can order properly.

thanks.

DMarie

dimpalz

I bought a box of nine last year from irbys online. All I got were 9 individual tubs, a large bottle of activator and a measure with lines for mild, normal and resistant. Mine was the sensitive scalp mixture BTW. Oh there was also a stick to mix it with and a small bottle of protecto, but it does say u only need 2 capfuls (about a tbsp) for the average head of average hair. I had to buy the shampoo and the reconstructor seperate. That system was step 1: Protecto on the ends, step 2: relaxer and activator mix, step 3: is the positive link/5 in 1 (thick/fine hair) and step 4 is the neutralising shampoo. (so it is the same steps)

On their website http://www.avlon.com/affirm.html they mix the systems for the no-lye and lye so i think it's the same.

DMarie

Thanks dimpalz. I figured the steps were the same for both the lye and no lye. I just wasn't sure if the neutralizing poo was the same but I guess they are. Unfortunately irbys don't have the relaxer in.

DMarie