Do you apply Hair Products to your Scalp/Roots???

My perception has changed:

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Yes

• I don't know

• Creamy product

• Watery product

• Oils

• Grease

• Other (please indicate)

• Total voters

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 on my scalp (it's a watery spray) when my hair is wet and I apply Profectiv RootHealth (a creamy moisturizer) on my roots when damp or dry. I used to use hair grease (like Motions, B&B Super Gro, or Black n' Sassy).
scratchchin.gif
I'm trying to see if it's really necessary to do so because I want to manipulate my hair as little as possible...

Please answer the following questions. If u want to After u answer the questions, indicate why u think it's necessary to apply the products on your roots/scalp and what u use...(I hope Im not asking for too much
grin.gif
)

my hair likes oils over creamy products. i switch it up depending on mood. i like emu oil, olive oil, sulphur 8 and i've used surge too for the roots.

I do not apply anything to my scalp because I like my scalp to be clean and touchable. I use the same leave-in products on my roots and ends when I rollerset -- a mixture of nexxus headdress, giovanni direct & rosemary oil. I do not use anything else on scalp/roots in between washes. I just like a clean scalp and the extra stuff doesn't seem to worth the bother for me . . .

I don't apply anything on my scalp, only on the hair and ends. I find that it creates enough sebum on its own and if I apply any other product to it, it just builds up and starts to itch.

The only thing I apply to my scalp is Aveda's Scalp Remedy once a wk. It helps w/dry scalp/dandruff and is a creamy liquid. I massage it in.

The only two products I apply to my scalp are Parnevu Tea-Tree Scalp Oil and my homemade mixture of Rosemary, Peppermint, Vitamin E, and Jojoba Oil. But I only do this a couple nights a week and it gets washed out the next morning. I like my scalp clean and free...

After washing, I usually apply a creamy moisturizer to my roots in addition to my length.

Before bed, I spray my scalp with a rosemary/lavender mixture to promote growth.

Sometimes before washing, I'll do a scalp treatment with rosemary and oils to stimulate growth.

I voted no, as well. I normally don't like to have anything on my scalp.
But I might consider trying an EO mixture w/ rosemary.

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I voted no, as well. I normally don't like to have anything on my scalp.
But I might consider trying an EO mixture w/ rosemary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. My scalp has a tendency to get flaky and itchy if there's anything on it...
crazy.gif
I like to try & keep it as clean as possible.
smile.gif

I'm using Blue Magic Coconut Oil on my scalp right now since I'm in braids, every once in a blue moon I usually use Allways SuperGro w/ the green top. Sometimes I use ORS Carrot Oil on my scalp too. I also Surge every now and again, and I'm also using Sta Sof Fro for my braids too.

dang.. is that a lot? lol

I massage essential oils into my scalp about once a week. I do it when my scalp gets itchy but I know I won't be washing it right away. It feels great!!

Re: Do you apply Hair Products to your Scalp/Roots

I never ignore my scalp/roots. they get all the same things i use on my ends and the rest of my hair

My scalp is naturally dry so I apply one of the Bonner Bros. Cremes (forgot the name) or my Murray's Oil grease.

I use Surge on my scalp to help with growth...I don't use anything else because I don't want too much buildup on my scalp.

Yes, I use grease and oil on my scalp. My hair responds best with them, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. It depends what "necessary" refers to; growth, managabilty, softness, etc... IMO, I get the best results with grease/oil in all 3 of these areas

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I use surge and Profectiv Roothealth on my scalp because it is very dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that have a greasy feeling? I put JCS Nourish & Shine on my scalp and roots but even a little can give a greasy feeling. I tried not putting anything on my scalp for two washes and both times I had dandruff.

I never put anything on my scalp. I do apply product to the rest of my hair. Occasionally i use a rosemary tea spritz on my scalp which i dont mind because its watery and cant clog my pores.

[ QUOTE ]
CarmenRose said:
My scalp is naturally dry so I apply one of the Bonner Bros. Cremes (forgot the name) or my Murray's Oil grease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I havent seen you on here before! I just looked at your album and your hair is awesome! I do recall seeing u in a LHCF gettogether pic...

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that have a greasy feeling? I put JCS Nourish & Shine on my scalp and roots but even a little can give a greasy feeling. I tried not putting anything on my scalp for two washes and both times I had dandruff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing as LABETT. THe RootHealth is a creamy feeling, not greasy at all.

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I use Surge on my scalp to help with growth...I don't use anything else because I don't want too much buildup on my scalp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only use surge on my scalp. When I used to oil my scalp I had dandruff. Now I don't!

[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roothealth does not leave your hair and scalp with a greasy feeling and I also use it when wearing braids.
Since I started co washes,surging and roothealth I am flake
free.
smile.gif

Back