Do you balance your hair products!!!

mrshicks2002

Its always good to balance your hair with products for moisture and protein. I was always taught since on my hair journey if and whenever using a protein to followup with something moisturizing.

Do you balance your hair with moisture and protein products and always follow up with a moisturizing product after using protein (not the moisturizing proteins...like silk proteins.)

SvelteVelvet

Yes, as a mentioned in another thread I've been DC'ing with protein containing conditioners/treatments weekly and I'm always following up with moisture. Doing protein treatments are sorta new to me, since I was overprocessed my last touch-up and needed to make sure I strengthened my strands back up. I started with Nexxus Emergencee and upon reading up on it, that's something that was always stressed so I always make sure I do. It's also great knowing the products in my stash, knowing what does what and how to use em in conjunction, what my hair needs or doesn't need. Once you know this, you're golden. I love being a DIY'er now.

Missi

I balance weekly:
THURSDAY
-week 1: protein treatment
-week 2: moisture treatment
-week 3: protein treatment
-week 4: moisture treatment
.....and thats my monthly wash regimen on Thurs.

mrshicks2002

SvelteVelvet said:
Yes, as a mentioned in another thread I've been DC'ing with protein containing conditioners/treatments weekly and I'm always following up with moisture. Doing protein treatments are sorta new to me, since I was overprocessed my last touch-up and needed to make sure I strengthened my strands back up. I started with Nexxus Emergencee and upon reading up on it, that's something that was always stressed so I always make sure I do. It's also great knowing the products in my stash, knowing what does what and how to use em in conjunction, what my hair needs or doesn't need. Once you know this, you're golden. I love being a DIY'er now.

I agree!!!!!!

mrshicks2002

WillyGWifey said:
I balance weekly:
THURSDAY
-week 1: protein treatment
-week 2: moisture treatment
-week 3: protein treatment
-week 4: moisture treatment
.....and thats my monthly wash regimen on Thurs.

Now this sounds really simple.

BTW I am loving the shine that your sister got from using Lacio Lacio. I plan to get some soon!

Last edited: