do you guys remember Wanakee?

godsflowerrr

Does anyone remember wanakee and her long beautiful waist length hair? She owned her own hairline specializing in hair growth when i went to her hair site it looks as if she sold the company:(
www.wanakee.com.
has anyone tried these products and are they any good?
i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about her? her hair was soooo beautiful!

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I used her products (before the company was sold) and found the products worked no better or worse than other good products on the market. The shampoos and conditioners did provide a lot of slip, but nothing spectacular. There are many more better haircare lines available. I think it was her hair care tips, like using protective styling, that was more worthwhile than the products themselves. A good product was the Constant Care for Ends, but, again there are other products on the market that achieves the same results on my hair to keep the ends protected. *shrug* That's just my experience.

caligirl

Wanakee was my inspiration to grow my hair long in high school! I have used the Constant Care for ends for the past 10 years. I rub a little on my ends in the morning and before going to bed. I feel like it really does keep them from splitting. I also use the Constant Care for ends or the hair oil as a light hair dressing because it gives a really natural shine.

shiningstar84

i bought this. still have some. at the time i was doing the weave thing. but it works good with afro puffs, ponytails, etc. really holds the hair in place without making it hard....

i'd never buy it again though. aloe vera gel works pretty much the same way.

Isis

I've used Constant Care for Ends for a long time and I love it. It keeps my ends from splitting (as Caligirl experienced) and keeps them smooth and moisturized. I have the Hair Oil but haven't really tried it yet, I almost forgot I still have it.

I also have the Hairline Essential Creme which does work, especially with a scarf. I just haven't been too concerned with my hairline being straight.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I used them and I liked them... I still have some of the shampoo. It was ok but my faves were the constant care for ends, the hairline creme, and the hair oil. Since she sold it, it's waaaaaaaaay too pricey.... I haven't really found anything for my ends that I like just as much.... My substitution for the hairline cream is EQP's mango butter. What ever happened to Wanakee anyways?

NeeSee

I'll have to second with Isis as far as the Constant Care for Ends. I also liked the Hairline Essential Creme.

Isis

I want to add that I make my Constant Care for Ends last a long time by keeping it the fridge. It can get quite soft during hot days and it's easy to use too much. In the fridge, it gets hard like coconut oil.

caligirl

Isis said:
I want to add that I make my Constant Care for Ends last a long time by keeping it the fridge. It can get quite soft during hot days and it's easy to use too much. In the fridge, it gets hard like coconut oil.

My one jar has lasted me about 4 years, lol! I only use a tiny bit on the ends.

Isis

caligirl said:
My one jar has lasted me about 4 years, lol! I only use a tiny bit on the ends.
:eek: :rofl: Girl, you are doing real good!! Mine usually lasts a year in the fridge and I thought I used a tiny bit!

so1913

I was a big time user of the products back in 98/99. This line is what got me hooked on hair care. It's a quality line and I would recommend it, however, the real results are more in the implementation of the techniques. I've also used the products after Wanakee's sold her share of the business and I do not believe the forumula has changed.

Denim And Leather

Isis said:
Thanks for the link - that was a very good article and I agree with these ladies taking a stand and keeping their values. Wonder what happened to Wanakee's picture?

You're welcome. :)

I agree, it's definitely refreshing to read about models who have values and who strive to put the Lord first.

I don't know what happened to Wanakee's pic in the article, but I noticed that there's really no pics of her I could find on the internet, but here's a link to one:

http://www.tln.com/program/aw/aw0105.html

and here's another one: