Do you guys....

SummerSolstice

Sit with a friend and read the bible?
:look::look::look:

How do you do it? How do you start that off?

I can't really see myself having that relationship with someone... I want to but where do you begin with that? And then what do you talk about the whole time?

Sorry for being so awkward... I was just watching the "things christian women say"

at one point she(he) is like... mmmm i just love coffee and the word LOL. And I assumed that she was with a friend of hers...

This is weird and awkward but I just don't do that and I am wondering how u guys start that. Do you call someone and tell them you want to analyze a verse?

I'm supposed to be studying so I'll keep it short. I say

Hey ______ I'd like to discuss such and such with you. I give them a brief spiel on why I want to discuss it or sometimes he'll (it's usually one person) says ok without me having to explain it. We will both read it to ourselves and then discuss it. It then leads to other verses and conversations and topics surrounding being Christian.

Or sometimes I'll just randomly send something (scriptures or thoughts) to my friends on Skype and then I'll ask them in person what they thought of it.

LaFemmeNaturelle I'm gonna have to meet u in the batcave to talk about this more...

my mom and my older friend who's also her friend (my mom's 50, my older friend 38, I'm 25) do it all the time and she said she was gonna give me some tips on that...

I don't even know how to start the discussion... everything I usually talk about has to do with the world and I want to get some good happy clean conversations in... Ugh

Aviah I'm being awkard over here LOL

@LaFemmeNaturelle I'm gonna have to meet u in the batcave to talk about this more...

my mom and my older friend who's also her friend (my mom's 50, my older friend 38, I'm 25) do it all the time and she said she was gonna give me some tips on that...

I don't even know how to start the discussion... everything I usually talk about has to do with the world and I want to get some good happy clean conversations in... Ugh

@Aviah I'm being awkard over here LOL

The word is in you, when you get excited about something you learn, just call someone up and show them what God shows you. About the awkward part, you may look like a fool sometimes when you are excited but that's good! lol! We are a peculiar people. 1 Peter 2:9

LaFemmeNaturelle I'm gonna have to meet u in the batcave to talk about this more...

Aviah I'm being awkard over here LOL

LOL, you're not awkward, you're just you... I usually get a verse sent to my phone each day and would read it and the chapter in context and think about it on the way to work. I'd usually send the verse or something else I stumble on to SO with any thoughts or questions on my mind and kinda explore it and dig a little deeper. I'm working on getting into a little group at church where we can do bible studies and fellowship. But one on one I don't so that... it is weird but shouldn't be lol.

I never gave this much thought. We (meaning my friends and family members) talk about the Bible so much that in a blink we'll mention a scripture and one of will open the Word and we just keep flowing with the conversation.

It's happens pretty much like this. We're visiting or just sitting and talking, the Word and our conversation is God related or we will relate a situation to God's Word and that's where it flows. There's always a CD or the radio or something related to the Lord that's going on in our homes and/or cars, so that's pretty much how we flow. Even when we're shopping, talking about shoes/clothes/makeup/, the weather... God is always in the conversation, so follows our discussions and Bible Study.

We're always texting or sending emails with devotionals to each other. My cousin sends an email to everyone including some of her coworkers each day with the 'Daily Word', the scripture for the day. We just flow with it as God leads or as we have a confirmation or other scriptures to share with it.

I sure hope this makes sense..... :yep:

Last edited:
If you and your friends are like minded, God will just come up.

Like me and my friends, because we love God so much, He is bound to come up in the situation somewhere. You talk about what you Love. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. One of us might just say "What's God been dealing with you on" or "What you been studying"...and then it just goes from there. We may sit and read a verse and talk about maybe a testimony that deals with that text or how we want to become more like that scripture...

SummerSolstice

Yes, I have done it in person and over the phone with a either girl friend or my boyfriend. Most of the time, it has been with family.

I'm not usually the one who starts it off. It usually comes about if one of my friends or my boyfriend touches on the subject of religion, God/Jesus, the bible, or a certain life issue. Then we may look to the bible to read and discuss verses.

How come don't see yourself having that type of relationship with someone? Are you shy or an introvert like me in real life? :) I thought this a few times but was quite surprised of myself that I have actually read and discussed the bible with friends too. I believe you can do it too. Just let it happen naturally.

@SummerSolstice

Yes, I have done it in person and over the phone with a either girl friend or my boyfriend. Most of the time, it has been with family.

I'm not usually the one who starts it off. It usually comes about if one of my friends or my boyfriend touches on the subject of religion, God/Jesus, the bible, or a certain life issue. Then we may look to the bible to read and discuss verses.

How come don't see yourself having that type of relationship with someone? Are you shy or an introvert like me in real life? :) I thought this a few times but was quite surprised of myself that I have actually read and discussed the bible with friends too. I believe you can do it too. Just let it happen naturally.

I am VERY shy and as the clock ticks, I am becoming more and more introverted...
Its crazy my boyfriend left for the weekend... I have a key to his place and on Saturday I literally sat in his apt. and made youtube videos. Didn't pick up one call, didn't care to :ohwell::lol:

I mostly talk about the bible with him, but I want to build that with my girls I guess. But most of the time me and my 2 close Christian friends just talk about work and men... I guess I don't know how to bring it up.

My siblings and I, we'll call each other up and be like...
Hey
Whats up
This guy Jesus...
What'd He do?
Girl I got checked so bad for _______ and He told me not to
Hahahaha I told u about (insert verse here)
We laugh... the end.

Don't really have that with anyone else. I guess I'll try to bring it up next time I'm hanging out. I think I'm nervous for a side-eye... even tho these are close Christian friends I'm talking about. We've just never gotten to that point. We'll ask each other to pray, but actually sitting there with a bible open discussing and debating... hasn't happened in awhile.
Maybe if I just bring up a scripture when we're talking end times one day b/c thats one of my favorite topics :lol:

One of my friends and I are always sharing what we read in the bible. We speak as if we actually know this bible characters!

Last week she txt'd me at 2:19am and told me Job and his friend were getting on her nerves b/c they had been arguing since chapter 4 and she was on chapter 12... :lol:

Its really awesome that you are having more of a desire to get into the things of God. What I have found through study is that, as the sister before me said that, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). So, in order to run my mouth about the word without self consciousness I have found that I have to be in my word.

In other, words, I can not give out or talk about what I have not been bathing myself in on a regular basic. I am also introverted, but don't get me started on the Lord! Lmbo!!!! I have found the more time I spend with him the more time i spend talking about him. Its like the new boyfriend that some woman get and they get on every ones nerves b/c they talk about him all the time.

Also, I have found that my circle of friends began to change. The ones that didn't want to talk about him or be about him distanced themselves and new friends that loved the Lord began to come into my life, because they Loved the lord too! We have a good time talking about our favorite person Jesus:) I have male and female friends, young and older who are like me.

Do you say "thou" and "thee" when you speak to one another? :lol:

Seriously, though, that's a good thing...knowing the Word so well, it's a part of you. Good to see real examples of the Living Word on this board. Amein~

One of my friends and I are always sharing what we read in the bible. We speak as if we actually know this bible characters!

Laela said:
Do you say "thou" and "thee" when you speak to one another? :lol:

Seriously, though, that's a good thing...knowing the Word so well, it's a part of you. Good to see real examples of the Living Word on this board. Amein~

I do find myself saying it when I pray. " thou knowest all things".
" Thou are worthy".. Lol I read KJV so thats in my vocab lol

Last week she txt'd me at 2:19am and told me Job and his friend were getting on her nerves b/c they had been arguing since chapter 4 and she was on chapter 12... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wanna be yalls friend too :cry: :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wanna be yalls friend too :cry: :lol::lol::lol:

The more the merrier!!!! SummerSolstice have you heard of Heather Love? Or the PinkyPromise movement? I am a rep for the Raleigh NC chapter. There should be a chapter where you live. Its just about a group of girls/women both married and single just trying to live life more Christ like! The Chapters are very new we just had our first meeting with Heather last week and my chapter will be meeting this weekend for the first time.

CLICK HERE TO SEE IF THERE IS A GROUP IN YOUR AREA!!!!http://pinkypromise.ning.com/groups

The more the merrier!!!! @SummerSolstice have you heard of Heather Love? Or the PinkyPromise movement? I am a rep for the Raleigh NC chapter. There should be a chapter where you live. Its just about a group of girls/women both married and single just trying to live life more Christ like! The Chapters are very new we just had our first meeting with Heather last week and my chapter will be meeting this weekend for the first time.

CLICK HERE TO SEE IF THERE IS A GROUP IN YOUR AREA!!!!http://pinkypromise.ning.com/groups

That's so cute, I think it was you or someone else that shared some info about this org before, right?

That's so cute, I think it was you or someone else that shared some info about this org before, right?

no it wasn't me. But I learned of her on this website! I started on LHCF to deal with my split ends and now I am a rep for a all girl christian organization... LOOK at God!!!:yep:

Back