Do you know where I can find inexpensive silk bonnets and silk wraps?

dlove

I'm looking for a silk bonnet and silk wrap- 100% silk not satin- that is reasonably priced. If you know where I can find them, please let me know.
Thanks,
DLove

Last edited:

msa

Go to the fabric store and buy a couple yards of silk and just cut it to fit your needs. That's what I did. I think it was like 15$ and I have made like 7 head bands and 3 scarves (one rectangular, one square, and one triangle). I still have fabric left over.

I don't know where to find silk bonnets, though I'm sure you could make one pretty easily (and then that way you could choose the color. They sell elastic and stuff at fabric stores as well. I use a satin bonnet and it works well for me.

Chameleonchick

Go to the fabric store and buy a couple yards of silk and just cut it to fit your needs. That's what I did. I think it was like 15$ and I have made like 7 head bands and 3 scarves (one rectangular, one square, and one triangle). I still have fabric left over.

I don't know where to find silk bonnets, though I'm sure you could make one pretty easily (and then that way you could choose the color. They sell elastic and stuff at fabric stores as well. I use a satin bonnet and it works well for me.

Thats a good idea. I need to retire my satin scarf of three years, and the one I bought the otherday by the same brand is made with a crappy satin stretchy material. I've only used cotton fabrics to make headwraps and such, I always thought the silk would be too expensive.