Do you let your SO touch your hair?

HoneyDew

Since I haven't been wearing weaves, my BF seems obsessed with my hair -
Touching it and putting his fingers ALL through it. He NEVER used to do that. Now, I cringe sometimes when he does this, but I don't want to be mean about it.

How do you guys feel about your SO touching your hair?

Last edited:

~Nigeria~

I don't mind if my SO touches my hair. Just as long as he doesn't mess it up. When he does touch it though, I find myself finger combing, in frustration, over the same spot he touched. Hmm, I guess I don't like it. :lol:

alexei

I wish...with these crusty braids I don't even touch it outside of the necessary.:(
1 day tho..as soon as I stop wearing this style in June (Bday).
Then it will be free and we will see ;)

mermaid

Mine likes to play with mine and really likes it loose in bed- he likes laying his head on my hair while he's sleeping (which aggravates me because he drools and sometimes I don't realize in time he's on my hair and go to turn over and rrrrip!! there goes a few strands, so I usually have it in a ponytail.
When my hair was braided he never touched my hair, while it's loose he definitley likes to put his hands in it, or just plays with the ends down my back. I don't have a problem with it, because he's not pulling and my hair is usually up anyways so he doesn't get to play with it every day.

HoneyDew

My hair used to be so unhealthy that if you run your fingers through all kinds of breakage would be there. That is not the case at all now, but I think I am still in preservation mode or something. :)

Anyway, I am hoping that once he gets used to me being w/o a weave he will get over it and not do it so much. :)

In the years we have been together he has never been able to because I ALWAYS wore braids or weave. I guess I should just let him enjoy it. :)

Cheleigh

Of course. :) What's the point of having nice hair if people can't touch it? I let the guy I'm dating touch it, and my hair's a mess--he can only really get into the natural part or smooth his hands over my hair--if he digs in, his hands are gonna stop at the line of demarcation! :lachen:

blueabyss333

HoneyDew said:
My hair used to be so unhealthy that if you run your fingers through all kinds of breakage would be there. That is not the case at all now, but I think I am still in preservation mode or something. :)

Anyway, I am hoping that once he gets used to me being w/o a weave he will get over it and not do it so much. :)

In the years we have been together he has never been able to because I ALWAYS wore braids or weave. I guess I should just let him enjoy it. :)

You should be happy that he wants to be so endearing by playing in your beautiful hair.

secretdiamond

HoneyDew said:

I see where you're coming from.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Yes, my man touches my hair every now and then ;)
However, he can't run his fingers through it, it's too coily.

IrisDaVirus

My hubby runs his fingers all through my hair and I have no problems with it at all. His scalp massages are rather addictive. :lol:

Miss*Tress

Relax and enjoy it. I've never had a boyfriend who liked to play in my hair...and it's always been my best feature. Go figure. :(

zoj2

My SO always is playing with and messing up my hair. In fact he says my best look is that messy wild hair look. Unfortunately I have suffered some breakage from some...eh hem...rough housing.

MissYocairis

HoneyDew said:
Since I haven't been wearing weaves, my BF seems obsessed with my hair -
Touching it and putting his fingers ALL through it. He NEVER used to do that. Now, I cringe sometimes when he does this, but I don't want to be mean about it.

How do you guys feel about your SO touching your hair?

Girl, he "NEVER" used to do it cause you were wearing weaves! :grin: ;) But, nah, I let my SO run his fingers through my hair all the time. If you relax and just let him do it, you will see how relaxing it is. It makes you feel like a little girl. It's nice. :p

ETA: I used to let him wash it before LHCF, and I miss that. I'm going to let him do it again real soon. I'll just have to teach him how to do it differently now.

longhairluva

My man loves to run his fingers through my hair and I love it too. He likes to run his fingers through it and pull me in close to kiss. I love it.:D

WomanlyCharm

Mmmmmmm...my BF loves to fun his fingers through my hair when my head is lying on his chest.
His fingers feels so good on my scalp.

But I have to admit, I don't like him to do it when the new growth takes over, then he's pullin' more than strokin'! :lol:

SexySin985

Awwwww, this is so sweet:)

Well I don't have a "man" at the moment but I do have two boys:) When My oldest was younger I would put him on my chest to fall asleep. And he would have to rub my cheeks in order to sleep. And now my youngest child has the habit of stroking my hair in order to sleep. It feels really good and I dont mind at all. So does that count, lol:)

HoneyDew

SexySin985 said:
Awwwww, this is so sweet:)

Well I don't have a "man" at the moment but I do have two boys:) When My oldest was younger I would put him on my chest to fall asleep. And he would have to rub my cheeks in order to sleep. And now my youngest child has the habit of stroking my hair in order to sleep. It feels really good and I dont mind at all. So does that count, lol:)

I agree. All of the posts are so sweet.

Yes, babies count! :)

My niece has called herself doing my hair. I have had to stop her because she is a little too rough, but it is so sweet having her play in my hair. I have had pastel barrettes and all kinds of ribbons in my hair. :)

queen92

CantBECopied, that is a good idea. I'll bring it up to him soon (having him wash my hair). Yes, he touches my hair when its out. He always makes comments like, "Look at the long hair." Now, that simple comment makes me blush. I tell him, "No, my hair isn't long. Wait until next year!";)

jshor09

Of course. It is the best feeling.When my hubby strokes or washes my hair.
It is really relaxing.

Jackie

renee_n_3000

After being in a relationship with a man who never 'really' touched my hair, and later discovering that it was because he assumed/feared it might be a weave :( :mad: , I could never be with another guy who 'deprived' me of the relaxing and loving feeling of having my hair stroked (through to the scalp). Not to mention that I realized that if he didn't even know my hair was real, he didn't really know me at all. (I'm sorry, I know I've mentioned this here before :look: )

At the time, I didn't even know what I was missing or how to ask for it. I just always knew that something was 'off' about the way he touched me, and that was a big part of it. Now, to me, having my hair stroked is a soothing act of intimacy and I don't think I could ever really feel close to a man who didn't do that.

Last edited:

blueabyss333

Jkelly0204 said:
Of course. It is the best feeling.When my hubby strokes or washes my hair.
It is really relaxing.

Jackie

That's one of the best memories I have of my ex. All the fun and laughs we had with him washing my hair. :p

divinefavor

I love when my SO runs his fingers through my hair. Especially when we're watching a movie and my head is in his lap. I always feel so safe and loved when he does it and I think it's very intimate.