Do You Mix MN (Miconazole Nitrate) and MTG/Boundless Tresses together?

Do You Mix MN with MTG/Sulfur?

• Heck Yeah Baby, Absolutely. 2 is better than 1!

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Heck No! I couldn't take all that!

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • No Answer! or What in the world is MN? What's MTG? Are you speaking Greek, lol?

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters

cocoberry10

Just checking to see if you ladies mix MTG with Miconazole Nitrate (MN) for added growth benefits, or use them separately??? Thanks!

est.April1983

I mix MN and MTG and it is a great. I drain off some of the oil from MTG so its mainly sufur and a little oil and MN my new growth it thick! I'm at 32 days post relaxer and I have over half an inch now but I usually get a third of an inch a month not to mention I only started using the mix 2 weeks ago. I think if I was using it from the beginning I could have had more! maybe 3 quarters of an inch or so...oh yeah its making my hair thicker

cocoberry10

I mix MN and MTG and it is a great. I drain off some of the oil from MTG so its mainly sufur and a little oil and MN my new growth it thick! I'm at 32 days post relaxer and I have over half an inch now but I usually get a third of an inch a month not to mention I only started using the mix 2 weeks ago. I think if I was using it from the beginning I could have had more! maybe 3 quarters of an inch or so...oh yeah its making my hair thicker

Thanks! Bumping for more responses.

Jenaee

I just started to add MN to my BT. I bought 2%. Should I be using 4% to see that extra growth?

OrangeMoon

I have been toying with my MN recipes over the past three months since I fould LHCF and MN 4% LOL

Here's my recipe:

2 tablespoons MTG
2 tablespoons JBCO
3 sprays of Surge Plus 14
The entire contents of the RiteAid/Target Brand of MN

I noticed on Sunday that the generic MN is the same for both brands...Target tends to be cheaper.

cocoberry10

I have been toying with my MN recipes over the past three months since I fould LHCF and MN 4% LOL

Here's my recipe:

2 tablespoons MTG
2 tablespoons JBCO
3 sprays of Surge Plus 14
The entire contents of the RiteAid/Target Brand of MN

I noticed on Sunday that the generic MN is the same for both brands...Target tends to be cheaper.

Thanks! Bumping for more responses!

gabulldawg

So how do you ladies mix your MN with BT? Do you squeeze the MN in the BT bottle and shake it? Or do you apply BT to your scalp first and then the MN, or vice versa?

U

Uwrong

ok i got a little bottle from BSS and mixed some castor oil and BT and added my mn and used it at night i had my hair in flat twist i took it out a week later and i got a lot of NG i think might have to perm B4 my 10 week stretch is up cuz this stuff is a mess! :drunk:

FreeNewMe

I'm new and TOTALLY lost...can someone break down a) the process b) the acronyms and c) what it's used for.

Thanks so much!!

-Free

cocoberry10

I'm new and TOTALLY lost...can someone break down a) the process b) the acronyms and c) what it's used for.

Thanks so much!!

-Free

MN=Miconazole Nitrate and is used as a hair growth stimulant. It is found in yeast infection creams and Neosporin AF.

MTG=Shapley's Mane and Tail Growth (www.shapleys.com). The original formula is used for horses, but they just came out with one for humans. It's active ingredient is sulfur

BT=Boundless Tresses, a sulfur based product very similar to MTG, but made for humans (I believe by an LHCF member)

I hope this helps (HTH=hope this helps)!

carletta

:yep:yep::yep: I mixed what i had left over from my MTG with my BT , then mixed a generous portion of that , to my MN .......and needless to say......I'm getting growth ! MY SCALP HAS THAT CRAWLY FEELING AGAIN FROM THE NEW GROWTH !!!!!!!!!!!! ( MY HAIR IS IN A WEAVE ):dance7::yep::yep::yep::yep:

tt8

I am mixing BT with 4% MN, sulfur8, 20 drops of peppermint and rosemary oil with cortisone and capsazin... we will see

Babydall818

Oh boy I know this will be a staple bc I dyed my hair on the 16th and started My mn mix on the 24th. I can track the ng easy because of the color diff and there is a tad bit of ng. I can't wait to see the growth in a few weeks!

I mix my MN 2% and a lil bit of MTG, peppermint extract, profective growth lotion, coconut oil, lil bit of EVOO.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I mix mine with everthing I got:spinning::
-Tube of MN
-Surge 14
-BB Csstro Oil hair lotion
-Glovers 2.5% sulfer
-peppermint oil
-EVOO
-MTG
-WGHO
......I think that is it!

Last edited:

tricie

I voted heck yes! :)

Here is my mixture (plus the other stuff I put in it):

1 tube of Family Dollar MN
About 5-6 tablespoons of BT
Less than half a jar of Sulfur 8
About 1/3 cup (or less) of extra virgin organic coconut oil
A small dab of castor oil
About a teaspoon or more of an essential oil mix (peppermint, thyme, tea tree, lavendar rosemary, jojoba, grapeseed & cedarwood; also a few drops of emu oil)

I mixed the MN and Sulfur 8 together (they mixed quickly and well together); I mixed the BT, essential oils and castor oil together in a separate bowl.

I then warmed the coconut oil (not hot because I don't want to ruin the MN), and poured it over the MN/Sulfur mix and stirred it up; then I poured the BT/essential oils mix in with it and shook it up. This made almost exactly enough for 2-3 oz bottles.

The result is a light, yellow mixture; it's kinda greasy. I use it 3 times a week or more (I have cornrows right now). Oh, yeah, to combat the heavy sulfur smell, I added about 5-10 more drops of peppermint oil, but I really don't mind the smell of the sulfur, though.

I put this new mix on about a week ago and have started seeing the rows of my cornrows disappear slowly but surely! :grin:

HTH!