Do you use a regular conditioner and then deep condition?

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Lovelylocs, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Lovelylocs

Lovelylocs New Member

I thought you were supposed to shampoo, deep condition, regular conditioner. I always figured that the regular conditioner would coat the hair and possibly close the hair cuticle and then the deep conditioner wouldn't be able to penetrait.
    Lately, I have been shampooing and deep conditioning and leaving the regular conditioner step out. Now, I am trying to think if that is what I used to do when I would use a regular conditioner and deep condition if I ever did. :confused: I really wish I kept a hair journal from the beginning as a reference. I could be getting this confused with the protein treatment rule. I remember learning on this board that protein treatments are supposed to be used on hair that was just shampooed so that it could penetrait. :confused:

2. senimoni

senimoni New Member

I just Deep Condition, nothing after that. Didn't realize you where supposed to.

3. Angelicus

Angelicus Well-Known Member

I don't use a daily conditioner after deep conditioning. But sometimes, I like to use creme rinses on my hair if a protein pre-treatment has my hair a little stiff. I love creme rinses.

4. HoneyDew

HoneyDew Well-Known Member

I do it the other way around actually.

After a deep condition, sometimes I will use one of the 2 rinse conditioners that give me more slip.

5. cocowhite

cocowhite New Member

I just shampoo and then deep condition.

6. sassyhair

sassyhair New Member

I shampoo and deep condition usually, but if I am using a deep conditioner with lots of protein I will use a moisturizing conditioner. But I believe that any conditiner can be a deep conditioner, if you leave it on long enough, with a cap maybe.

7. CLASSYEBONYGIRL

CLASSYEBONYGIRL New Member

I clarify, shampoo then I use regular conditioner and deep conditioner to deep condtion with a plastic with heat or without heat. I don't detangling process with conditioner at all.:ohwell: