Does any natural feel less attractive when hair is un-straightened?

Please select the best statement that applies to you:

• I feel just as beautiful when my hair is straight and when it is un-straightened.

Votes: 90 43.3%
  • I feel more beautiful or gain increased confidence when my hair is straightened.

Votes: 70 33.7%
  • I feel more beautiful or gain increased confidence when my hair is un-straightened.

Votes: 48 23.1%

• Total voters
When my hair is straight I feel cookie cutter.

me 2. I love wearing my natural hair. I feel so blah when my hair is straight. Also I have to worry about ends touching and bunning. My natural hair shrinks up a good deal so I don't have to worry about that. :)

I feel confident either way. I'm just a little more comfortable with my hair straight. It's not so much my hair but me... When my hair is in it's natural state it's very time consuming, I need help in the styling department and my hair is uber thick. I like a polished look and it's usually puffy in the front.

I have the same amount of confidence whether wearing my hair straight or curly, but I prefer my curly hair. When it's curly, it's easier for me to style and maintain. I simply moisturize, seal, style and go about my day.

But when I straighten, I have to worry about getting enough moisture in my strands while they're straight. But then when I moisturize, it turns into a battle of stopping the inevitable reversion.

TOO.MUCH.DRAMA. :ohwell:

I feel more attractive. So much so I don't straighten my hair at all.

I'm not fond of the typical, but I don't knock the fact that some people love it.

I prefer straight hair much more right now. Maybe once my natural hair gets longer and thicker I will like natural styles more. (I'm neck length, pushing SL)

It had to grow on me (natural hair) simply b/c I didn't feel very confident when it came to styling it ( lack of knowledge). But now.. I <3 my texture:grin:. I don't dislike my hair straightened but there is more variety for styling when it is natural IMO. I've always liked changing things up whenever it suits me. My natural hair kinda makes me feel like Cinderella:fairy: b/c I am able to switch up my looks effortlessly and quickly.

I am confident in my hair whether I choose to wear it straight or curly/kinky. I love BIG hair and wear it this way whether worn straight or curly. I love volume!

I will say though that I wear my hair curly/kinky 99.9% of the time and it is the look I love on me best. I didn't always feel this way, mostly because of the negative feedback I would receive from others when I first BC'd some years ago, but I shook off those negative comments and since then have grown to love what grows out of my head immensely by keeping it natural.

Now those who were not loving my natural tresses in ,my beginning are now singing a different tune and are amazed of how I (and others) can go from straight to kinky tresses all in one day.

Gotta LOVE natural hair and all of its wonders!

Back