Does anyone cut their son's hair?

Serei

Does anyone cut their son\'s hair?

My son is looking pretty wooly these days. His barber and I seem to be on conflicting schedules. Does anyone know of a website or have any tips on cutting little boy's hair?

Nina_deF

Re: Does anyone cut their son\'s hair?

I cut both sons hair.
On one I use the clipping shears that has different length settings, no prob.
On my other I divide his head into 16ths and cut verticly so his curls falls to his liking.
I know of no webiste, i've just watched the barbers do it and so far everyone is happy (and I have more money for hair products
!)

Aerie17

My son is fourteen and I have cut his hair all his life. I use the clippers and shears. I just learned over the years to copy what I see the other boys wearing. My son is thinking about growing his hair out...but he looks gorgeous with close-cut hair. I don't know of any websites...

melodee

My tip is--if you can't do it yourself, have a friend or relative do it. There is usually one person in the family that is pretty talented with clippers and you don't have to pay.

PrettyBrownEyes

I use the guides on the clippers. They come in different sizes and I just use the same guide all over. I don't try to do a fade or anything.

For the edges I take the guide off and just work carefully so that I don't jack up his hairline.

Spagirl

I've been practicing for about a year or so w/ and w/o guides. My oldest boy is 5 yrs old. I love for my boys to have sharp faded styles which have been hard for me to master. I purchased the Andis Master Clipper as well as the Outliner (for edging up)this is how I found out about their "Clipper Cutting tips and techniques for black clients" video. This video tell you how to care for your clippers, shows the different types of clippers/and usages, as well as how to cut AA men and boys hair. If your interested in the video here is their # 1(800) 558-9441. I purchase my clippers from Sally's. HTH!

Fade Tip: Learn the benefits of cutting w/the grain vs cutting against grain (direction of growth) and when to use each. This is still an area of trial and error for me.

Warning: There is nothing worse than a "Mame Hair cut" so if your son is in school you might practice during summer breaks or use a general cut style. Also don't cut hair too short because you'll limit the ability for a barber to straighten out the mess later, that is, if it becomes necessary to do so.