Who gets their hair CUT/TRIMMED while WET????

itismehmmkay

I just finished reading that "White Salons...cutting/trimming" thread. Someone posted about going to a white stylist that specializes in curly hair. I'm thinking about doing that and having her cut my texturized hair in a style.

But, she would have to cut it wet or at least in it's air-dried stage since I'd be wearing it that way. :scratchch

Does anyone do this?

Dolapo

I used to.....when i was dumb. It doesnt make sense cos while it's wet, you can't see the split ends

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Well, when I was relaxed I always got it cut wet except for once I think.. but I also got my hair cut every 8 weeks.. but now that I'm natural..I would only get it cut dry because they would be able to see the shrinkage, how my natural curl pattern is, etc..

BLESSED1

I went to a mostly white college and my dorm mates knew that I could style/trim hair really well so I would give them complimentary trims. The only way I could trim their hair was while it was damp, otherwise it was too fly away for me to do it correctly. Keep in mind though that they were all white with straight hair and I am not a licensed stylist. As for my own hair, I trim it while its dry...

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I just got a trim today and she does my trims on dry hair. Its the best way to make sure everything is even. IMO

hottopic

I do...When I get my hair relaxed i trim it while wet. If you are going for more of a blunt cut it is best to do it while wet so that it is even. The hair stretches out to it's max point while wet. But when it is dry you can not really tell that it is even, because our coils does not allow us to. Some people have to different textures so when you comb it you are not really seeing the true lenght of the hair.

bludacious

All of my past stylist have trimmed my hair damp. When I trim, I trim it dry. Because it's easier for me that way.

sylver2

My entire realxed life I have gotten my ends trimmed wet or damp.
Only once, which was my last blunt cut did I get it cut dry and I didn't like it to much.