Does anyone else shampoo with black soap

varaneka

When I wash my face with it, the hairline gets lighter. I don't understand how natural soap can turn my black hair reddish brown. I am not complaining, but I am curious to see if this happened to anyone else! :blush:

AyannaDivine

Hmm that's odd. I use black soap for my hair and haven't experienced that. U sure you're using 'real' black soap?

Sent from my M860 using M860

SimJam

been using black soap/glycerin to wash my face for the last 2 years ... no change. I dont particularly like it to wash my hair though, sometimes makes it too dry.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I recently started using black soap to wash my hair and it leaves my hair clean and soft. I buy a block of the natural soap and use very little. If the soap you are using dyes your hair then it is not natural but contains chemicals which are causing the discolouration!

JudithO

PH is too high... at least 10. I wouldn't recommend it for the hair at all. Problem with black soap is there is not one standard recipe to create it.. the ingredients and method of production of black soap vary by the location it was made, so it not strange that it's lightening your hair and others are not experiencing the same thing. I like it for my face with a good moisturizer tho...

reeko43

I shampoo once a month with black soap. Seems to work as a clarifying shampoo but doesn't strip my hair. I now use nothing but black soap on my face and body. I haven't had any discoloration but I always get the authentic soap from butters n bars.

BeautyGoesDutch

Yes I wash my hair with black soap it does make my hair turn to my natural color from when I was a little kid which has darkened over the years,but when I use black soap it goes to my sandy red color.

GoodMernin

I use liquid black soap and although the pH is high, it is wonderful for my hair because it leaves it soft and clean without the stripped and squeaky feeling.

The alkalinity in black soap opens my hair's cuticles and allows my conditioner mix to penetrate the shaft.

For me to balance my hair's acidity, I just use a spray of whole leaf aloe vera juice and water.

This closes and smooths my hair's cuticles and makes clearing my hair a whole lot easier.