anyone use BLACK SOAP to wash their hair?

Meki89

i read somewhere that you can use it on your hair as well as on your face.. so i was just washing my face in the shower, and decided to do a test wash on my bangs using some black soap. the black soap made my bangs really soft, and my new growth [im 8months into my transition] curled up.. just wondering if any one else used/uses black soap on their hair, and how did it leave their feeling?

AFashionSlave

I used to use nasaab black soap on my hair & I loved it.
The only problem was that the black soap never lasted very long.
I had to dry it off and store it in a dry place so it would not melt away.

NYAmicas

Seeker
I tried it once or twice and my hair felt clean but a bit dry so I just continued to use it on my skin and that stuff sure does go fast!

Meki89

I used to use nasaab black soap on my hair & I loved it.
The only problem was that the black soap never lasted very long.
I had to dry it off and store it in a dry place so it would not melt away.

yes, i know what you mean when i first started using it i was keeping it in a soap holder but it kept dissolving now I just keep it in my room on my dresser and it doesn't dissolve like when i was storing it in the bathroom.

Shalilac

I luv black soap (from nasaab as well). I used it for the first time when I was locing my hair and started using for everything (body, face, kids hair) LOL. Once all of these other shampoos I went PJ on are empty, I'll go back. And yes, you'd better keep it dry (if it's REAL black soap that is).

Meki89

shalilac what did you use on your hair to keep it moisturized after washing with the black soap.

Angkin73

I have never tryed the black soap. I might have to. I do use the Nubian Heritage soaps and I love the way they make my hair feel.

Shinka

I tried it once or twice and my hair felt clean but a bit dry so I just continued to use it on my skin and that stuff sure does go fast!

Ditto. I only used it on my natural hair. I never triend it on permed hair. The soap dries out my skin in general although it clears it jup nicely. I have discontinued its use. I still have some from nasabb though.

bludaydreamr

I use liquid black soap by naturallyou for shampoo, and I have for about 3 months. It cleans my scalp and hair, does not strip my hair, or make it draw up. I made it a staple, and I have not found anything even close. I use the bar to wash my body and face.

adw425

I use Dudu Osun black soap, which has honey, shea butter, glycerine and aloe vera in it and it never dried out my hair

DMJ's Mom

I used DuDu osan on my hair all last year and never dried out either. I'd follow up with shea butter and coconut oil

coripixie

I used black soap on my hair for several months. It cleaned my hair without stripping it and made it feel really soft especially when I was using it with shea butter. I stopped using it only because I didn't know where to find a local vendor at when I was at college and I wanted to conserve it for my face.
I don't know which brand it was, but it was the soft kind that comes in a tub. I love that stuff :heart3:

RENIBELL

Just thought i would resurrect this thread, just got some black soap, and used it on my hair and the kids kids hair and it really detagles the hair :yep: i was like :blush: . so i searched black soap and i realised that otheres on here have tried it. is there anyone still using it? and has anyone had a set back from it? it also made the coils in our hair look really defined. i think this will be a staple of ours now

Nasdaq_Diva

I've used it. I have a liquid black soap that I purchase from http://www.sheanmore.com and it's awesome! It gets my hair and scalp squeeky clean but never feels stripped. Not using it now (ran out) but maybe one day I'll get back with it.

Also, excellent on the face. Can seem drying or tightening the first few times, but the skin normalizes soon after.

ladychoong

Just thought i would resurrect this thread, just got some black soap, and used it on my hair and the kids kids hair and it really detagles the hair :yep: i was like :blush: . so i searched black soap and i realised that otheres on here have tried it. is there anyone still using it? and has anyone had a set back from it? it also made the coils in our hair look really defined. i think this will be a staple of ours now

Black soap is amazing for detangling! I love it and doesn't dry out my hair either

frizzy

I use it on relaxed hair. I'm not exclusive with any product, but I will use black soap with no hesitation to wash my hair. I really like the fact that it will get my scalp extra clean.

Angelicus

I love on my scalp. My new growth loves this stuff and it makes my waves/coils spring. Unfortunately, my relaxed hair only "likes" it. I really like using it.

fluffyforever

I just made a black soap head-to-toe liquid wash yesterday. Been using it on my face and hair and body. I love it, although it does dry out my face and hands. But after 10 minutes, the dry look fades away and I'm left with soft smooth skin. My hair feels soft too!

empressri

for some reason whenever i use it to shampoo, when i deep condition afterwards my hair is ridiculously soft for DAYS. and you don't need to use a ton, seriously i just swipe it over my head a few times and get a bunch of lather, and then keep it on a wooden soap deck. a chunk of black soap lasts me a long time.

sydaree

How to Make African Black Soap Shampoo

The below recipe provides a little over 8oz of shampoo. Maybe be doubled for larger batch.

What you will need:

1/4 Pound African Black Soap

1/2 Cup Distilled Water (heated)

Mixing Bowl

Storage container

Hand Mixer / Stick Blender (optional)

Everything Extra below this line is optional

1T Jojoba Oil or oil of choice

1/2 T Natural Glycerin

1t Vitamin E Oil (acts as a mild preservative)

1t Wild African Raw Honey (acts as a mild preservative)

1t Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil of choice

Basic Directions:

Crumble into small pieces or grate 1/4 Pound of Pure African Black Soap into a bowl. Next, slowly add 1/2 cup boiling hot distilled water and stir soap into water. Next, add all of your "extras" or "shampoo kit mixture" and stir everything well into soap. Cover bowl and let sit for 24 hours stirring a few times in-between. After 24 hours, your soap should have melted well with the water and oils. If you are happy with the consistency - Stir until smooth and pour in storage container. May use immediately. *Before each use, shake container well to remix shampoo. Massage Shampoo into hair. Leave 30-60 rinse. Repeat if needed.

If you want your shampoo thicker, add more grated soap and let sit 24 hours and repeat process. If you want your shampoo thinner, add more water and mix well.

*** When we make our shampoo, we find it easier to use a stick blender to speed up the process, but you still need to let soap sit for 24 hours.

SHAMPOO KIT DIRECTIONS: Follow above directions being sure to shake the shampoo kit mixture bottle well, to remix ingredients, before pouring in soap. Use 1/2 container per batch and store the remainder 1/2 bottle in the refrigerator until you make your 2nd batch of shampoo.

Notes:

If you don't want any extras whatsoever in the shampoo - simply add the boiling water and nothing more. Let sit 24 hours and use as stated.

This recipe has been formulated for normal hair. If you would like more conditioning in your shampoo, you can use some Olive Oil or another conditioning oil you have around your home.

This recipe also makes a great all-over body wash that is gentle and luxuriously nourishing.

This recipe is an all-natural recipe and does not have any commercial long lasting preservatives which you will need if your product sits for over a month or so.

© Southern Crafter aka Skinfully Delicious Bath & Body (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnsYc6Hn9tA)

xesketel

Once I ran out of Terressentials I decided to try my black soap. It works wonders on my hair and scalp without making it feel dry and stripped. I use the Dudu Osun brand that I get from my local West Indian grocery store. I follow it up with Shea Moisture restorative conditioner and an oil blend mix. Been doing this now for a month and I wash weekly.

i read somewhere that you can use it on your hair as well as on your face.. so i was just washing my face in the shower, and decided to do a test wash on my bangs using some black soap. the black soap made my bangs really soft, and my new growth [im 8months into my transition] curled up.. just wondering if any one else used/uses black soap on their hair, and how did it leave their feeling?

i use it to shampoo my hair every two weeks by diluting it with water. i find that it does not strip my hair, yet the strands feel clean. i love it.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have been using Dr. Woods black soap diluted with water and my hair loves it. I want to try making my own