Does anyone not use a Leave in?

kally

I know this may be a dangerous question, but anyone?

Can I get away with just using s-curl as a leave in? Does your hair really get damaged or experience breakage without a leave in?

When I use s-curl it brings my hair back around with softness and moisture.There reason I ask, stores in the nati no longer seem to carry the NTM silk leave in which is now leaving my hair hard anyways, and all the other leave ins I have tried have left my hair hard. I hear Giovanni Direct and Oyin products I hear are good but, I do not want to deal with products, I have to order on line plus it may not be for my hair. ( Natural 4a/b. TIA)

I am seriously thinking about cutting out a normal leave in after my weekly washes altogether.

Last edited:

RainbowCurls

I don't.
I tried it for a while, after reading about leave ins, I thought they were necessary.
For me, it just meant by hair got build up more easily and too much product just makes my hair stringy.

After washing my hair I'll put on coconut oil or almond oil. And maybe a styling product (depending on the product I might skip the oil)

Avin'sMom2010

RainbowCurls said:
I don't.
I tried it for a while, after reading about leave ins, I thought they were necessary.
For me, it just meant by hair got build up more easily and too much product just makes my hair stringy.

After washing my hair I'll put on coconut oil or almond oil. And maybe a styling product (depending on the product I might skip the oil)

YEAH!!!! I just started doing what your doing for the past week I have been just cond washing everyday after that while my hair is dripping wet I put in my castor oil/olive oil mix then baggy, so far it's good my hair stays moisturized!! I was using the African Pride leave in but it was leaving my hair looking a little ashy and a little tangly while washing.

HoneyDew

I used to never use a leave in, but I found that I has to moisturize more often on the days following shampoo days.

I use Sidr Tree Butter Balm on my wet hair as a leave in. That is technically a moisturizer, but it has proven to be better as a leave in for me.

I do use Fermodyl on my wet hair before the Sidr Tree because it makes it easier for me to apply the thick Sidr Tree cream.

With this method I really don't have to moisturize daily.

But, your scurl is you leave in I guess - Like my sidr tree butter balm is. I don't think a product has to be labeled as a leave-in for it to be one for you.

kally

Ok thank you ladies. I will try these. I do have coconut oil and Honey dew I will give the tree butter balm a try. It sounds good.