Does anyone own a ceramic curling iron?

blackbarbie

I went to folica.com to see if they had some and they do, but I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with one.

I was thinking once I am done with my transition, when I flat iron my hair, I wanted to put a few big curls in it before wrapping so I can have some volume once I take my hair down. (I know, that's a lot of heat, but trust me, I won't be doing it too often)

If anyone has any experience with a ceramic curling iron, please chime in with your reviews.

Thanks!

BB

soulie

I do curls (like in my avi) with my flatiron. I don't use a curling iron anymore.

Everything Zen

This reminds me- there is a Conair steam curling iron at Target.com that I've been wanting for a while. I think it is also ceramic.

civic4800

I have the T3 Twirl Ceramic curling iron and I really like it. I like the iron b/c it's ceramic/tourmaline and I don't feel as if I'm burning my hair off. Also, the spring grip doesn't grip the section of hair as tightly as some other curling irons, so I don't as if I'm pulling my hair. I really did NOT want to spend the money for this iron but I bought and returned 4 curling irons(a golden hot, an iron from Sally's and 2 from Ulta) before just deciding to buy this one. It's was my splurge and I'm happy I did it.

theprototype

I have one by Rusk. The barrel must be 1" to 1.5" so it really makes large curls. I got it on eBay - a flat iron + curling iron combo for about $100!

janeemat

I went to folica.com to see if they had some and they do, but I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with one.

I was thinking once I am done with my transition, when I flat iron my hair, I wanted to put a few big curls in it before wrapping so I can have some volume once I take my hair down. (I know, that's a lot of heat, but trust me, I won't be doing it too often)

If anyone has any experience with a ceramic curling iron, please chime in with your reviews.

Thanks!

BB

I have the ceramic T3 2 inch curling iron. It gives nice bouncy curls. I wouldn't even flat iron it. Just let it dry and then use the curling iron. It will press the hair as you curl it.

SilentRuby

I'm about to buy the 1 1/2 ION conditioning ceramic tourmaline curling iron. It has many positive reveiws.

I also have the flat iron and I love it.

yuriko

I have a conair ceramic curling iron, its unfortunate that I am abstaining from heat. I really is a nice curling iron, and I have not used it since last July

Essensual

My Vidal Sasoon Answers for coarse hair is a ceramic. $25 at Wal-Mart. Results are in the Jan 2009 siggy pic. It did a decent job, but I gotta state that I preferred my GVP knock off CHI flatiron from Sally better.