Does anyone "test" their vitamins????

JenJen2721

Does anyone \"test\" their vitamins????

Do any of you guys test your vitamins for potency and absorbability? (is that a word?) Anyway, I read on another forum where someone tested the quality of her vitamins by seeing how easily they can be crushed and by soaking them in vinegar to see how fast it dissolved.

Well I did this test on GNC vitamins vs. my More than a Multiple and Solgar vitamins.

The GNC vitamins took much, much longer to dissolve than the others AND were much, much harder to crush(w/the side of a knife).

Are these legitamite (sp?) tests? Has anyone else heard of this? Or is it just nonsense.

I know about the float test for MSM and the freezer test for EFAs, but I had never heard of this one.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
TIA,
Jen

Allandra

Re: Does anyone \"test\" their vitamins????

I don't test my vitamins. I just pop them and hope for the best.

kisz4tj

I tested my GNC ultranourishair vitamins last week just by putting one of those horse pills in water and I was pleasantly surprised that it dissolved in less than an hour. So I think they must be effective, and digesting in my system properly.

Lucia

I don't test them, I just get alot of info on them beforehand and them bottoms up.

JenJen2721

I didn't "test" the GNC Ultranourishair. It was the Ultra Mega Green. Perhaps I'll try the Ultranourishair. I took the others back.

@Lucia,
What are your favorite brands of multi-vitamins?