Does anyone use only natural/organic or homemade conditioners?

virtuenow

Does anyone here only use natural or homemade conditioners?

Please share your story why. And could you share your recipes or direct me to the product u are using and how the work or feel

Perhaps link me to the thread if this has been discussed. I see people using shea butter/coconut oil and honey, etc-- but I'm not sure if this good for co-washes. It sounds good to me.

Basically I am still dissatisfied w/my commercial product conditioners, such as Nexxus Humectress and Aussie moist. I know there has got to be something better...and those two are the best I've had. I think my hair is too thick for these- it feels like water on my hair (and by the way, water "beads" on my hair and my hair dries out quickly after being watered!).

Last edited:
99% of the stuff i use is natural/homemade

my faves are:
oyin honey hemp
afroveda ashlii amala
kbb deep onditioner
coconut milk, olive oil, honey mix

im natural 3c 4a and my hair thrives on natural products

99% of the stuff i use is natural/homemade

my faves are:
oyin honey hemp
afroveda ashlii amala
kbb deep onditioner
coconut milk, olive oil, honey mix

im natural 3c 4a and my hair thrives on natural products

Do these products feel different than other commercial conditioners?! Every single cond I've tried just sits on my hair...it doesn't feel soft or like it's penetrating. I know there has got to be more to this whole conditioner thing. I'm beginning to wonder what these wash out conditioners are supposed to do, really???!!!

all the conditioners i use are meant for deep conditioning, not just for rinse out. and i rather my conditioners the be all natural because yes, they do penetrait.
have you clarified? it shouldnt just sit on your hair.

all the conditioners i use are meant for deep conditioning, not just for rinse out. and i rather my conditioners the be all natural because yes, they do penetrait.
have you clarified? it shouldnt just sit on your hair.

Hmm, you may be on to something here...I suppose I could clarify w/my Nioxin, which I beleive is for that purpose...However, I have rotated this shampoo in my hair routine in the past and still can't remember really "FEELING" conditioner on my hair afterwards.

try using an all natural conditioner with ingredients you know will penetrait. like coconut. olive, avocado oils, shea butter ect. and use heat if you can.
are you natural?
if you want to purchase a conditoner i think oyin honey hemp is the best.

Yes, I'm natural. I just hear every one raving about "conditioner this", "conditioner that"! And I'm like, what? My hair feels at it's worst right after I wash and condition...so dry! I always get under the dry w/my commercial products and started focusing on co-washing (which is also raved about). Still nothing. I absolutely know those products u just listed penetrate my hair, and my hair feels so good on a daily basis when I apply those prods to my dry hair! Maybe it's time to incorporate into a co-wash-- can it be used as a cowash concoction?

i would take whatever cheapy conditioner you love and mix it with the oils and honey. that should be great as a co wash conditiioner.

Lekair is my staple conditioner, but I like MOP Extreme Moisture its organic and I like to add molasses, SAA, baby banana food, and olive oil and grape seed oil for my steam treatments.

Back