Does it matter which Neutralizing Poo you buy?

BotanyGrl

I plan on self-relaxing for the first time in about 2-3 weeks. I will be using the Mizani Butter Blends relaxer, but I don't feel like paying 17.99 for their Neutralizing shampoo. Elasta QP has the exact same size for 6.99... so do you think it makes a difference which one I buy? The only real difference I see is that the Mizani poo says that it's both a neutralizing and chelating poo :ohwell:

Last edited:
I've used other neutralizing shampoos that's not the same relaxer brand and it didn't affect my hair negatively.

I don't think it matters what brand you use. (If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me). I like Vitale's Neutralizing and Chelating poo. The only drawback is that it doesn't have the color alert (turning pink if relaxer still exists in hair). I've also used Isoplus neutralizing poo but I have to follow up with a moisturizing poo because it dries my hair out.

Thanks, Drasgrl and Platinum! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't spending unnecessary money :yep:

I use a very inexpensive (less than $4 for a 32 oz. bottle) neutralizing poo by Proclaim (Sally's brand), with no problem. It even has color alarm.

I do it all the time. My relaxer doesn't always match the name brand of the neutralizing poo I use these days either and my hair has turned out fine each time.

Back