Does nayone have a curly perm in their hair?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I have been contemplating getting a wave nouvea type of perm in my hair. I like curls, just not tight curls. Texturizing seems to be too complicated and I had wn when i was in junior high and my hair grew fast and thick. I think I am going to go back but want to see some current users responses first.

Is anyone using it?

sereia

I have a wave nouveau. I am quite a beginner at it. I got it done in august and the first month it was beautiful then my hair reverted mostly so it looks more like a texturizer now. For two months my hair shed A LOT but it looked and felt very heathy. I am not too experienced but I think my hairdresser isn´t too good so I have to find another one.

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
so what do you attribute the shedding to? what size are your curls? whats your regimen like?

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I've fully transitioned out of one.

When I cut it:

Before the cut:

Combed out straight:

Just another one:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had a wave nouveau. It was great at first aand yes, my hair did grow fast, but after my touch up, my hair went crazy! It didn't hold the curl well and it looked so dry and hard, that i decided to get rid of it. Lesson learned. I will not let myself get another double process on my hair- the wave used a perm to straiten and another process to keep it curly. It fried my hair and I am sending a kind warning to anyone thinking about it. if u have a sensitive scalp, this isn't for you. Texturizing is much easier IMHO and it is less damage to yr tresses and scalp. I'm sorry for the negative report, but I had a bad exp. w/ mine. Maybe someone else had a better one. :hammer:

sereia

hi luvhair,

My shedding happened because my scalp was burned. My hairdresser shampoed twice before the process then she put the straightener (max strength) directly on my scalp and I think she left it in too long also... my scalp was on fire and I even have some small bald spots now. Also the newgrowth was dry, brittle and had a different texture, like tiny waves. My normal spiral texture returned again after 2 or 3 months but my hair still breaks at the point healthy new growth/scab hair :-(

My curls were medium size,about 3b. My regimen is simple:
In the morning: moisturize with my water/cond/glycerine/oil-mix, oil ends.
At night: sleep in satin bonnet.
CW every 4-5 days, deep con as needed, normally every 10 to 14 days. Sometimes protein con. Apply S-curl Lite Wave Gel, leave-in and oil and airdry.
My hair is usually very soft and moisturized.

sereia

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I had the largest rods, I wanted waves not curls. I also always had my fringe straight.

I used to wash every 10 days, I simply could not wash any more frequent, it took almost the same amount of time to get the moisture back in!!

I moisturised every other day with soft'n'free 2 in 1 activator/moisturiser.

I didn't do a lot else to be honest. I had major breakage due to lack of care.

x