Does of you who use Sulfate free Shampoo..does is stop frizzing when its humid??

BlackHairDiva

I was wondering. I'm undecided of goin on a sulfate free shampoo..There is a brand that is catered to curly hair and it claims to be sulfate free...which would help our hair retain more moisture.

So this mean if you use sulfate free shampoo that your hair will frizz less when its humid? Any of you using this on the long term? Cause if you I might stop relaxing all together.

Anyone using sulfate free shampoo please let me know how long you've been using it and how is you hair doing ...frizz wise.

BlackMasterPiece

Sulfate Free Shampoos will allow your hair to retain more moisture because it doesn't contain harsh detergents but that has no correlation whatsoever to our hair frizzing. If your hair is natural it will frizz up (if you were rocking a press) in humid conditions period, if there is a humid environment out your hair will revert and try to absorb that moisture. The only thing you can do for that as a natural to preserve your style is wear a hat on highly humid days.

OR you can just rock air-dry styles that wouldn't be affected either way by humidity like twists/twist-outs, braids/braid-outs, fro's, rod-sets etc:yep: but yea, bigness or frizz comes with the natural territory.

BlackHairDiva

Thank you for clarifying this. Because I'm about 4 days away from getting a touch up. My last touch up was Nov 1,2008. Now I'm hesitating, even my mom was like," Diva please don't go get your hair straighten, can't you wait a little I dont want them to cut your hair.":nono:

So now, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, I know how to get that freshly relaxed hair look without a relaxer but one thing I want to do is stop the frizz and the only solution I have so far is Moisutre Block Serum from Sabino...there is nothing else I can do...it hink I will stick to those two.

Sulfate Free Shampoos will allow your hair to retain more moisture because it doesn't contain harsh detergents but that has no correlation whatsoever to our hair frizzing. If your hair is natural it will frizz up (if you were rocking a press) in humid conditions period, if there is a humid environment out your hair will revert and try to absorb that moisture. The only thing you can do for that as a natural to preserve your style is wear a hat on highly humid days.

OR you can just rock air-dry styles that wouldn't be affected either way by humidity like twists/twist-outs, braids/braid-outs, fro's, rod-sets etc:yep: but yea, bigness or frizz comes with the natural territory.