Does Oily Hair Bother You?????

vnaps

I hate people touching my hair because of the oil i use to seal.....my friend (who's white) loves touching my hair but he always says my hair is GREASY :sad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have issues with this or it doesnt bother you....am curious to find out.

I don't like my hair to feel oily-that's why I only use oil as a pre-poo. My hair does feel oily easily though, and I find most oils are too heavy for my hair.

:giggle: @ your friend's fingers getting oily.

I don't like the feel of hair products on my scalp, neck, ears or face. Which is why I don't use leave-in products when wearing styles that make my hair touch my face, neck or ears, such as twists. I do use leave-ins when wearing a puff but thanks to shrinkage, my hair is usually far from touching "me".

I only seal my ends the night before a wash, so my hair never feels that dirty.

lol....i also dont like the feel of my hair on my skin if its well moisturised and sealed....especially when wet...so bunning for me is a relief....

i want longer hair but the thought of it on me makes me cringe a bit....:nono:

I don't like the feel of oily hair but my hair is always up so it's not a big deal. I need something in my hair at ALL times for it to tangle and break somewhat less than it would otherwise so I'll deal with oily hair in order to have hair!

I don't like the feel of oily hair but my hair is always up so it's not a big deal. I need something in my hair at ALL times for it to tangle and break somewhat less than it would otherwise so I'll deal with oily hair in order to have hair!

that's exactly what i was going to say. i dislike the feel of oily hair but it makes a noticeable difference in terms of tangling so i've learned to put up with it. in fact, as time goes on i'm coming to like it more and more and even castor oil, which i initially found gross, now feels okay to me.

My hair is very thick i only use oil as a pre poo OR add a tiny bit in with my conditioner I aso LOVEqueene helen jojoba hot oil treatment :lick:you do NOT have to shampoo it out! hair is shiny and not greasy its a bout 2 bucks for the 8oz bottle i use it every third wash.

Oily hair bothers me and breaks me out unless I wear my mint julep mask to sleep, and messes everything up. But it's the thin line btw whether my hair will break or not.

Last edited:
I hate people touching my hair because of the oil i use to seal.....my friend (who's white) loves touching my hair but he always says my hair is GREASY :sad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have issues with this or it doesnt bother you....am curious to find out.

Why does he keep touching it then? :perplexed:lol:

I don't like greasy hair I never have greasy hair. I use oil daily though. I've been using a quarter sized amount in each of 4 sections of my head. Not enough to make my hair oily, but enough to seal and lubricate well... and my coarse hair drinks the small excess down during the day. Try reducing the amount of oil you use if greasiness bothers you :)

I hate oily hair...I like my hair to be soft, fluffy and shiny...I may put a dime size amount of oil or serum for the shine but my hair never feels oily; if it does then it is dirty and i will wash it

Why does he keep touching it then? :perplexed:lol:

I don't like greasy hair I never have greasy hair. I use oil daily though. I've been using a quarter sized amount in each of 4 sections of my head. Not enough to make my hair oily, but enough to seal and lubricate well... and my coarse hair drinks the small excess down during the day. Try reducing the amount of oil you use if greasiness bothers you :)
I know....i should have added that he does love my hair (he thinks its "trippy") but that oiliness gets to him a bit......me too. he's used to putting his hands through his girlfriends hair that doesnt need moisturising and sealing!!!!

i seal with oil and dont use grease.....i think no matter how much less oil i use there will still be some oil when patted.

he'll just have to deal with it i guess.....lol

Not too oily b/c I have feeling grease on my neck/fingers. But I have to put an oil blend on my ends to avoid tangles/knots.

I HATE it when my hair is oily and weighed down so to seal I just use a little bit of oil. Castor oil is good because it's thick and a little bit goes a long way but it is never greasy. The only time my hair is drenched with oil is during the pre-poo.

I don't mind oily hair at all as no one touches my hair and I'm wearing it in twists and a bun all the time.

As others have noted, oil helps me with tangling and keeping my ends moisturized.

I particularly hate oily hair when my hair is down..in that case, I go very light on the oils..just enough to give it some shine but that's it. When I wear my hair up, I use more oil.

I hate how it makes your hair look. WHen your hair ir really oily it looks weighed down when you wear it down. I don't mind oily hiar. Just as long as it's moisturized I'm fine, but if it is, I'd rather wear it up

K.... so I had just done my hair for a relaxing "ME" moment.... moisturized and sealed with a blend of evoo, castor, and coconut when the SO wanted to watch a movie. So I'm sitting there with my head on his chest and he leans his head on top of mine. Y'all... when he lifted his head... his face was shining like the sun on the ocean. I tried to be all smooth and caress his face but I was really rubbing the oil in. :lol::lachen:

But yeah... when I'm not being touched oil is grand as long as my grass is being put up. I don't do the sloppy mess where if I fell, I'd slide from here to Kansas. Sometimes a little bit goes a long way.:yep:

Oily hair does not bother me. If someone feels they have to be all up in my head than they will have to deal with the consequences.:grin:

ETA....however I hate when my oily hair touches my glasses and leaves a grease mark. When I wear my glasses I have to wear my hair back for this reason.

Last edited:
K.... so I had just done my hair for a relaxing "ME" moment.... moisturized and sealed with a blend of evoo, castor, and coconut when the SO wanted to watch a movie. So I'm sitting there with my head on his chest and he leans his head on top of mine. Y'all... when he lifted his head... his face was shining like the sun on the ocean. I tried to be all smooth and caress his face but I was really rubbing the oil in. :lol::lachen:

But yeah... when I'm not being touched oil is grand as long as my grass is being put up. I don't do the sloppy mess where if I fell, I'd slide from here to Kansas. Sometimes a little bit goes a long way.:yep:

lol....too funny!!!! :lachen:

Oily hair does not bother me. If someone feels they have to be all up in my head than they will have to deal with the consequences.:grin:

ETA....however I hate when my oily hair touches my glasses and leaves a grease mark. When I wear my glasses I have to wear my hair back for this reason.

couldnt agree more pokahontas...although my hair is not long enough to be all up in my glasses BUT the oil from my hair ends up on my hands which end up on my glasses...hate that!!!

i hate oily hair.
i use oil to seal but i have found a balance so my hair isn't oily but still has the shine and the benefits of sealing it's took me a while but i found out how much is to much

This would not be an issue for me because if someone puts their hands in my hair their going to pull back a nub.:wallbash: But to answer you question, I am not bothered by oily hair.:nono: I have oily skin.:yep: My scalp is oily.:yep: I have shine.:yep: I apply oils very sparingly.:yep:

Thats why I don't seal my hair....a little mango butter or biosilk serum to add shine is enough....Oily relaxed hair looks limp, thin and lifeless.....ugh i cant do it

Last edited:
The hair thing is one of those adjustments white men have to get used too. I don't like oily hair, and, to deal with, that I use a lighter oil instead of a heavier one. I think if there's that much oil on your hair hours later, you have on too much - unless it's a conditioning thing and you're getting ready to wash soon.

Back