Does this mean I need to clarify?!

Neith

My night and morning regimen:

Night

Section hair, apply creamy leave in conditioner, braid in 12 big braids.

Morning

Undo each braid, thoroughly dampen the hair and apply 2-3 drops of jojoba oil to each section.

Last night I was putting the normal amount of product in about a half dollar size in each section, but it felt all squishy like when I put conditioner in my hair for deep conditioning.

This morning during oiling, my hair had A LOT of excess conditioner on it. It foamed up and left white product all in my hair. I had to wipe the foam away from my hairline with a towel.

No bad affect or anything... it's just out of the norm. Actually today is a really good hair day!

Is this like a first sign that I need to clarify? Or can it mean something else?

Do you recommend not applying any leave in tonight?

Also...

Last time I washed my hair was Saturday with NTM poo. Last time I clarified was June 18.

It sounds like you used too much.:perplexed But I don't really know.

When my hair does that, it's usually because I used too much condish.

Maybe someone will chime in with a better answer.

It sounds like you used too much.:perplexed But I don't really know.

When my hair does that, it's usually because I used too much condish.

Maybe someone will chime in with a better answer.

I know it sounds like that, but I really didn't. Just the normal amount I always use. It's okay, I just found it to be weird :)

:yep: Sounds like you used too much to me, too - that's the only time I have the 'foaming' from leftover con.... hrm. Maybe the con has been building up, and you just hit the 'foam' threshold? Though.... if you are using a shampoo, I dunno.

That's odd.

Maybe you sweated in your head a little more last night, or something? :look: Got your groove on? :giggle:

My night and morning regimen:

Night

Section hair, apply creamy leave in conditioner, braid in 12 big braids.

Morning

Undo each braid, thoroughly dampen the hair and apply 2-3 drops of jojoba oil to each section.

Last night I was putting the normal amount of product in about a half dollar size in each section, but it felt all squishy like when I put conditioner in my hair for deep conditioning.

This morning during oiling, my hair had A LOT of excess conditioner on it. It foamed up and left white product all in my hair. I had to wipe the foam away from my hairline with a towel.

No bad affect or anything... it's just out of the norm. Actually today is a really good hair day!

Is this like a first sign that I need to clarify? Or can it mean something else?

Do you recommend not applying any leave in tonight?

If you feel you need to clarify you may be right. It won't damage your hair in anyway .. it will probably make your process more effective because you're taking away all the build-up on your strands. If you clarify and you're still getting the same problem, then the other posters may be right.. you could be using too much product on your hair.

:yep: Sounds like you used too much to me, too - that's the only time I have the 'foaming' from leftover con.... hrm. Maybe the con has been building up, and you just hit the 'foam' threshold? Though.... if you are using a shampoo, I dunno.

That's odd.

Maybe you sweated in your head a little more last night, or something? :look: Got your groove on? :giggle:

:lol:

:blush3:

:look:

If you feel you need to clarify you may be right. It won't damage your hair in anyway .. it will probably make your process more effective because you're taking away all the build-up on your strands. If you clarify and you're still getting the same problem, then the other posters may be right.. you could be using too much product on your hair.

I'll clarify this Saturday. I think that's what it is now... because I always use that amount of leave in. It's just never happened before.

Back