Does anyone do this? It's working out very well for me!

Porsche19

I started doing this about a month and a half ago.

In the mornings I would take too much time detangling, conditioner washing, and putting products in my hair.

Anyways, before I go to bed I apply the conditioner that I'm using for a conditioner wash. I usually use suave and v05 conditioners.

So first I section my hair, saturate the section with conditioner, detangle the section, braid the section up so that it doesn't tangle again during the night and clip it against my head. I do that to all of my hair, then top it with a plastic cap and a scarf. When I wake up all I have to do is rinse and apply my products. It really cut down the amount of time it takes me to get ready in the morning.

I've also started braiding my hair before I use my soft bonnet for deep conditiong with heat. I always hated how I would have to detangle after I used a heating cap/bonnet. Keeping it in braids really helps.

Probably people do this already, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone suffers from horrible tangling, or spends too much time on their hair.

:)

I do 2 briads for deep cond treatments too, I'm going to try the night cond and see if that works for moisture.
I'm surprised you have tangling issues when your hair is testurized, I guess I still think that realxing/texturizers solve some of the natural hair issues like bulk and tangling.

Lucia, my current hair tangles are nothing like the hair tangles I used to get when I was natural, but even after texturizing my hair is still obscenely curly and thick :)

Porsche19 said:

In the mornings I would take too much time detangling, conditioner washing, and putting products in my hair.

Anyways, before I go to bed I apply the conditioner that I'm using for a conditioner wash. I usually use suave and v05 conditioners.

So first I section my hair, saturate the section with conditioner, detangle the section, braid the section up so that it doesn't tangle again during the night and clip it against my head. I do that to all of my hair, then top it with a plastic cap and a scarf. When I wake up all I have to do is rinse and apply my products. It really cut down the amount of time it takes me to get ready in the morning.

I've also started braiding my hair before I use my soft bonnet for deep conditiong with heat. I always hated how I would have to detangle after I used a heating cap/bonnet. Keeping it in braids really helps.

Probably people do this already, but I just wanted to put it out there in case anyone suffers from horrible tangling, or spends too much time on their hair.

Yes! This is called "overnight conditioning" It is fantastic for my lazy self. :lol: I like to do deep conditionings with tea tree or peppermint oil added for overnight tingle.

This is a highly moisturizing technique! :up: Me likey, much!!!!

Last edited:
This is def a keeper! I've been doing a version of this since March and I LOVE it!

I too use any conditioner I'd use for a CO wash (my beloved DDTA, V05 or some I'm trying to use up), applying to dry hair at night and tying up w/a silk scarf. I don't like sleeping in the plastic cap, it's noisy and I perspire too much. My hair has been more supple and 1,000% more moisturized. I do this about 3 to 4 nights a week (I only wear buns, phonys and 3/4 falls right now).

I'm going to try the heated Black Castor Oil and Conditioner Combo (Thanks London Diva for this tip) this evening for my night time treatment. I'll report back tomorrow.

LaLa

This sounds great. I'm really glad you posted because last night I soaked my hair with a leave in conditioner (parnevu) and Hollywood's Olive Creme hair dress, then I slept in a plastic cap for 1/2 the night - until my hair was so damp that I was afraid of getting sick or som' b/c of it. My hair is still so soft and moist even though I haven't done a thing to it since. I :love: it! It was so moisturized I didn't bother washing it today as planned. Just wanna enjoy the silky feel a bit longer. I'm gonna try this with my suave conditioners.

I leave my conditoners in ALL DAY EVERYDAY...my hair is benefiting from it :)

Suave, VO5, Herbal Essences....I leave it all in.

I normally shampoo at night, and because I get sleepy in the conditioning faze, I sleep with it in, and rinse in the morning. I'm doing this once a week now.

Thanks for sharing your tips :)

Question: what bonnet dryer do you use? (I never have luck finding a good one)

Porsche19 said:

So first I section my hair, saturate the section with conditioner, detangle the section, braid the section up so that it doesn't tangle again during the night and clip it against my head. I do that to all of my hair, then top it with a plastic cap and a s... carf. When I wake up all I have to do is rinse and apply my products. It really cut down the amount of time it takes me to get ready in the morning.

hmm this sounds interesting maybe I'll try this out sometime soon. A big issue for me is time when trying to take proper care of my hair. Does your hair come out detangled and soft after rinsing Porsche??

Back