Does unreleased Henna still give shine?

L_Mo

I just bought some Jamila henna today. I did my first henna treatment last Friday, but I'm not sure that I like the red tones. I couldn't find any indigo to counteract the red. (Unless Indian stores label "indigo" as "Black Henna"? ...might this be the case??).

Anyhow, I'm thinking of using unreleased Jamila next time for the conditioning properties, but wondered -- will it still give a shine??

Kimberly

I use the black henna. It's not the same as indigo and it doesn't turn my hair black. I've just never had the orangish color. It seems to deposit a kind of dark brown and, where my hair is naturally lighter, I get somethign that looks like reddish highlights.

Cayenne0622

L_Mo said:
I just bought some Jamila henna today. I did my first henna treatment last Friday, but I'm not sure that I like the red tones. I couldn't find any indigo to counteract the red. (Unless Indian stores label "indigo" as "Black Henna"? ...might this be the case??).

Anyhow, I'm thinking of using unreleased Jamila next time for the conditioning properties, but wondered -- will it still give a shine??

I believe it does still give the shine. I don't know about using anything other than henna in its truest form so I don't know about the black henna thing. You could order indigo from hennaforhair.com. A sample back is $1. Give it a shot. I have some indigo and I mixed it with henna my first time using it and my hair had this rich dark brown color.