Does your family has some stuff to say...?

ChocalateDiva

No.

Because I keep my hair passion and obsession to myself. I don't want anyone to think I'm crazy. Only DH knows. He's been telling me for a few years to do my own hair. Once I did, it is the longest it's ever been.

But everytime my mom calls, it seems like im always washing my hair. She says "Girl, you ain't white, yo hair gon fallout" I just say "oh-yeah?"..............................(my hair is almost APL, hers can never get past the top of her ears.....hmmmm

:lachen::lachen: Sound like my mama.

tbaby_8

My hubby doesn't really say anything. I did show him a few of the ladies hair on here and told him I want my hair that length. He was very encouraging saying that I could grow it. So he helps me take my pictures for my fokti. I have mentioned it to my sister. Being that she is natural, I thought she would be interested in this site. She is very open, but she is not a hair person. As long as it is clean and neat, she is happy.:smirk: That is cool because she listens to me when I tell her something about her hair. I sometimes buy her products and she will use them. She is open to trying new things. My mom is pretty cool, but I know she would not like me poo'ing my hair as often as I do. She is old school. They didnt' do that back in her day.

But Tocktick, you friend's hair is not going to grow because it's dirty. You have to shampoo they hair at least evey two weeks, minimum, at the most three. It helps to keep the folicles from being clogges.

Blkprincess

only my mom and my hubby know about my hair obsession...I get so tired of my relatives telling me that I need a perm...you should go to the studio...blah blah blah...I've reached BSL all on my own thanks to this site...they don't understand stretching and my protective styles...my hair never gets bone straight no matter what relaxer I use, only texlaxed...before I even knew what it was. sometimes my hubby complains about my hairstyles, and I just reply sweetie, you want mami's hair long and pretty right, so let mami do what she has to do.:lachen: so he stop complaining about the PJ in me, even laughed when I bought one of those 3-drawer cart from rubbermaid to hold my hair stuff:lachen:

I just bought some Silicon Mix and tried it, I usually wash and condition my hair in sections ....I'm in love with Silicon Mix, thank you ladies.:grin:

Attachments

• 12-04-07_2047.JPG
    12-04-07_2047.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 12-04-07_2048.JPG
    12-04-07_2048.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 17
  • 12-04-07_2049.JPG
    12-04-07_2049.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 18
  • 12-04-07_2050.JPG
    12-04-07_2050.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 14

aziza

My mother said something to me 3 months ago. She saw ALLLL the products I use (cuz of my pj'ism) and told me..."that's why your hair doesn't grow cuz u use too many products":nono:

...but after my recent relaxer she COMPLETELY changed her attitude. She couldn't believe how my hair has grown and the healthier condition it's in. She even asked me if SHE COULD USE MY PRODUCTS. the same products she was complaining about....my my my:grin:

My mom and grandmother tell me the samething. My grandma tells me she used to have long hair when she was young and all she did was wash her hair with soap, grease and press it.

clever

I don't tell them anything.

I just let them see my hair inch towards my waist.But in the event that they did have something crazy to say,I would tell them a thing or 2.It's not their money or time so it shouldn't matter,right?:antlers:

Miss*Tress

I wonder how many women join LHCF and change their hair practices only to cave to pressure from family and friends and give up?

Last edited:

SoOoNY

the other day my mom, my cousin and I, were driving in NY and i saw a family dollar (none close by to me in NY) and i was like stop the car... I ran out purchased 3 tubes of MN and got back in... My mom was like what did you buy and without even thinking i explained to her exactly what i do with it and with her harsh west indian accent goes "yuh puttin pum pum (west indians lovely word for vagina) juice (dont know how the cream turned to juice...:blush::lachen:) on yuh head?"... my loud cousin in the back goes... "If I aint puttin relaxer on my cooch then I aint putting no monistat on my head":rolleyes:

my moms 3a/3b hair grows 2 inches per month with her doing nothing... she washes it every 2 weeks and she buns its mostly or rollersets, not because its healthy but cause thats all she knows how to do. so hopefull by this time next year ill have my mom being ok with the pum pum juice and my cousin puttin it in here hair...lol

p.s.... i just ignore them... i dont listen to them when they talk about anything else...lol... why start now?

Isis

Since my hair journey, I've learned the best thing to do is just be the example. That's all. Family members can and will say what they want but all that talk will eventually taper off. Most of the talk comes from their own fears anyway. Soon they will watching closely :detective: , taking notes and may even ask a question or two. ;)

ReddTweetyB

My husband was the same way when I first started with my hair care regime. He would always say, "You're washing your hair again?"!!! I was also using my own concoctions as you are and as many of us are on LCHF, so he did knock it but after seeing my hair results, he is now bugging me for my products. He just asked me for some of my Jojoba conditioner this morning. See my results at: www.myfasthairgrowth.com/photogallery.html.

Don't worry about what others are saying now, even family. They all will be begging to know what you are doing and using once your hair gets closer and closer to your tailfeather.

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
My mother said I was washing too much at first, then she changed her mind after a few months and started using my products. :rolleyes:

My husband says I should just use shampoo and nothing else like he does, he's sure my hair will look fine. :spinning: I refuse to discuss hair stuff with him now - he can't tell the difference between my new growth (I'm 10 weeks post!!!) and my relaxed hair and doesn't understand what a relaxer actually does.

2Cute!

Yeah, when I told my mom about the MN challege she gave me that "WTF?" look.:lachen: Then she later on that night when she was talking on the phone w/ her friend she told her friend that I was using vagina cream on my head. Yes, that's exactly what she said. I was soooooo embarrassed.:blush:

Wow...Oh my goodness, no she did not tell her friend that!:lachen: