Does your hair feel dirtier in the warmer months???

taylokc

I just wanted to ask because in the winter months my hair doesn't have hardly any dirt accummulated on my scalp but now that its getting warmer I scratch my scalp and there's way more dirt under my fingernails. Its just gross:ohwell::ohwell: I think I will be using more shampoo in the summer months. Why does this happen???? Is it because our scalps sweat because of the heat from the sun??? What do y'all think????

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My hair and everything else feels dirtier. It's soooo humid here, sometimes I hate it. A few minutes after I walk out the door, I'm all sticky and sweaty :perplexed Add on to the fact that when I wear my hair down people wanna have their sweaty, sticky hands all up in my head!

I think the sweating causes more dirt to accumulate. All of the extra heat, plus exersizing.... Hell just walking to and from your car :lol:

Your hair is gorgeous in your avi, so shiny!!! :lick: Did you flatiron in that pic? What products did you use? I need some shine in my life :ohwell:

taylokc

No that was a fresh rollerset and relaxer done by my stylist. She puts a lot of castor oil and oil sheen on it and then I put Garnier Frutis Shine Brillance water based pomade on it for lasting shine. Thanks for the compliment!!!!!

bluevalentine

yep, mine definitely does, i sweat a lot more in my scalp during the warmer months which leads to that yucky feeling in the scalp. add exercising on top of that and it means i'm washing/cowashing much more frequently....sometimes on a daily basis ...

Christa438

Yes, lately my hair feels and smells dirty and sometimes I think it smells like outside dogs. yuck. I cant wait to co-wash each day.

Lady Esquire

Oh hellz yeah! Its sweat, particles in the air and over here, there is a high pollen count. :barf:

Look on the bright side though, this is the season that supposedly gives most of us faster growth too.

Love your avatar, your hair is sooooooo SHINY! :love:

JustKiya

Yup, yup, yup - summer has barely started, and I already KNOW that I must wash every week - maybe twice a week!

temfash

yep, mine definitely does, i sweat a lot more in my scalp during the warmer months which leads to that yucky feeling in the scalp. add exercising on top of that and it means i'm washing/cowashing much more frequently....sometimes on a daily basis ...

Exactly my hair always feels gunky for some reason so I've been co washing regularly and wearing easy to maintain styles twist, braids etc.

IrisDaVirus

I feel dirtier all over during warmer months. That's why I'm adamant about keeping my hair and body clean. I stock up heavily on hair and body products as I see them on sale because I go right through them.