What do you plan to do for better hair this summer???

taylokc

HOw do you plan to combat UV rays, new growth, slow growth, split ends etc???? Name products that you use or that you're planning to use, anything you plan to do different because its summertime. Name whatever you please>>> I know I've noticed that my hair feels much dirtier since its gotten warmer. So I haven't done co-washes. My hair itches so much until I just wash my hair with my Keracare hydrating and use BT!!! And I wear my hair up all the time because its so dang hot!!! Is there anything that you're doing for summer????

Good thread!

Wash/co-wash more - gotta get that sweaty, dirty scalp clean
Wear hats when I can - to protect my tresses from the UV rays
Apply water/condish on hair before hitting the ocean - to protect my hair from the salt water

That's about it for now. :grinwink:

-Shampoo and deep condition twice a week
-Co wash every day
-No direct heat

My hair starts to feel dirty real quick in this heat. Not just ANY heat, humid heat! Argh! I feel dirty and sticky as soon as I step out the dang door! After a few days without shampooing, my hair feels heavy and oily, so I GOTTA wash!

I plan on using no heat this summer. I'm co-washing more and using Shea Butter to seal...I believe that also works as a good sunscreen.

I plan on doing a weave for the next 6 months which in turn will be a great way to protect my hair from UV rays

Mositurize 2-3x a week
(Conditioner mix that included shea butter, tea tree, jojoba & coconut oil)
Cleanse my scalp & hair 1x a week
No heat (which isn't a problem cuz my hair is in a weave)
Deep condition 1x a week (even though I have a weave in)
Stretch relaxers for more than 12 weeks (i do this all year long anyways)

- Weaving it up for the summer
- More deep conditioning
- Absolutely no heat
- Using coconut oil on my hair under the weave
- Less manipulation (thank the weave for that!)

I'm going to stick to my regimen closely and not be lax like I was in March and April to the detriment of my hair. So I will
-continue wearing updos 99% of the time
-wash 2x a week consistently and dc w/heat at every wash
-practise very low manipulation
I'm also going to go back to my B-100 and flaxseed capsules for overall hair health. Can't wait to see the results at the end of summer!

i will be co washing everyday or everyother day and wet bunning. i will shampoo and deep condition every sunday and wet bun. KISS. i hope to get ATLEAST 2 inches by the end of this summer.

I will practice the K.I.S.S. method. Get one last trim because my ends look...not so great. And then i'll probably protective style it with long cornrows for the summer since I'm transitioning and my newgrowth seems extra thick in this humid weather we have here in VA.:ohwell:

I plan to:
  • exercise more
  • drink 8 glass of water
  • take my vitamins (Exotic Allure)
  • BAGGY BAGGY BAGGY DAILY
  • Do my "Ayurvedic" thing
  • ....and co-wash 2 to 3x's a week

Back