Does Your Hair Really Feel Clean After Using Wen?

vtoodler

Does Your Hair/Scalp Really Feel Clean After Using Wen?

As many of you know, most shampoos tend to strip our hair, thereby leaving it prone to dullness and breakage. Wen's cleansing conditioners, however, claim to thoroughly clean like shampoos while retaining moisture and the hair's natural oils.

Yet, I'm a little skeptical that one product can do all that. I think that if a product cleans well, then it has to strip a little. On the other hand, if it conditions well, then it can't get all of the dirt out. In other words, something's got to give.

Have you used any of Wen's cleansing conditioners? If so, did your hair/scalp really feel clean afterward?

For me, when my scalp's not clean, it itches and makes me feel really uncomfortable. That feeling, however, goes away after shampooing, and my scalp usually feels refreshed after a thorough shampoo. Did your scalp feel that way after using Wen?

Last edited:

star78

I know there are a nunber of people that love Wen cleansers but I'm not one of them. I followed the directions but each time I used the cleanser my hair felt oily and gooey. It didn't feel clean at all and it always took multiple rinses to get it out of my hair.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I'm not a WEN user, but I've tried Hair One and like it well enough to have a few different bottles. However, I haven't reached for it in a long time, so that probably means I'm kinda over it.

Regarding the question, in the threads I've seen on WEN, users seem to chelate and/or clarify on occasion BECAUSE of the concern for buildup. It's my take that WEN doesn't really clean as deeply for those who may use leave-ins, silicones, regular oilings, etc. I suspect that it would be sufficient for those using minimal or no other product aside from WEN itself.

Dposh167

I never usee wen for that purpose. Even tho its supposed to be a cleansing cond....i never put it on my scalp and i use it as a reg cowashing conditioner.