Does your hair scream "Poo Me" 4 days after pooing

janeemat

I do the works on my hair every Sat...prepoo, deep cond, etc. But by Wednesday my hair is sooo itchy. Then I start scratching it and digging at my scalp for relief...feels so good. Of course after I do that it's a mess and I have to comb through it and hair is everywhere. There goes low manipulation. I know I shouldn't do this, but if I have an itch I just need to scratch...feel me please on this one. The problem is I do not have time to prepoo, poo, deep cond roller set and dry hair on Wed anymore. I used to do this in the past, but I only want to do my hair once a week now so that I can spend 4hrs pampering. I may have to do some sort of quick wash because I've got to stop digging my scalp since I have apparently trained my hair. What do you ladies think? Do I need some sort of poo for itchy scalp. What can I use to combat this so I do not have an itch for at least a week? Does Aveda have a product that may help this? I love there products.

lana

Hi there, this happens to me. I use a conditioner for itchy scalp since it's the last thing to go on my hair besides my leave in spray. I use Perfect Results Medicated Anti-Itch Deep conditioner on my scalp only. I don't put this on the rest of my hair. It makes a big difference. Now this time I stretched the longest I've ever stretched between a wash - 14 days. I've never gone this long before. (11 days is usually my limit) But I think the cold weather helps.

I had to break down and put WGO on my scalp this week on Monday. I don't suggest stretching this long between wash days. I'm usually a once a week girl, but I was trying this out as a challenge.

I'm sure you'll get other responses as well.

Best wishes for healthy hair!

preciousjewel76

I do a mid-week cowash to remedy this. My scalp gets a bit itchy after 3-4 days, and my hair has a lot of oil & moisturizer on it by that time.:)

deontaer

YES! And this from someone who used to wash her hair once a month! (shamefull, I know:naughty:) But after I started washing my hair twice a week, I started noticing that if I skip a wash, my scalp itches so badly...like it did when I would get braids. So I must wash at least 2 times a week.

deontaer

...also, when my scalp is itching beyound belief, I use this tea trea oil/conditioning anti-itch spray by Parnevu (hope I'm spelling that right) and that helps tremendously if I just can't wash my hair in the middle of the week. Since I wear in a bun under a phoney pony, I can't really scrath my scalp without pulling the pony tail out, so this spray helps alot...actually, anything with tea tree oil helps with itchy flaky scalp..

Britt

Yes, yes, and more yes...
I cannot go more than 4 days w/o a good pooing or co wash. It feels like absolute torture to me.. my hair feels much much better with water touching my scalp at least 2x a week.

macherieamour

Mine used to. I found out the trick tho. Instead of oil or shampoo, I used a dry and itchy scalp conditioner! I would just let it sit on my scalp for 5-10 mins and voila. After a few weeks of doing this my scap was much happier. Its even better if u use the shampoo and the conditioner together. NTM and At One make dry and itchy scalp conditioners. Keracare and Nairobi make ones too.

janeemat

Deo, I was wondering if tea tree oil would help. I'm going to try a cond for dry and itchy scalp as someone suggested. I need to try to stretch a week with pooing because I love to rollerset and then two days later go with the bun. Thanks ladies.