Does your head itch!

sweetpeadst

My head tends to itch in the middle frequently! I didn't notice until I started taking Biotin last summer but then I stopped and the irritation persist! What do you do in these cases??

Dolapo

yes!! there's this certain area right in the middle that itches like hell. This started like 2 months ago...i dunno why. it definitely doesnt mean my hair is growing cos it isnt

Ashee

The main thing that has helped me has been my sexy HEATING CAP!!!
With my oil mix it has saved me from the itching...
I do the clarifying but I deep con with the oil mix every time I wash (every two to three days)...

-HTH

cocopuff

Actually, I was just scratching my head when I came across this post. Yes, my head does itch, FREQUENTLY. Some times are worse than others and it tends to be in the middle of my head. I know that I don't have dandruff or any other scalp condition, so I don't know what it is. Somebody told me that my hair must be growing, but I have heard that myth from several people and am not convinced that it is true.

Dolapo said:
yes!! there's this certain area right in the middle that itches like hell.

My hair itches in that same exact spot too and I'm not really sure of the reason. It could be that now that I'm exercising more freqeuently (gotta get my summer figure, lol) that increased blood circulation could be it.

Stormy

Yes my head is itching right now in the middle of my head too! It was itching yesterday for awhile. I oiled my scalp with some lotion motion and it stopped, but started back up again this morning. I even sprayed moisturizer on it. I just washed it too. I don't know what the problem is. Wait, I think it's this doggone pollen here in Georgia! I'll wash it again. Probably have to wash it more frequently or something with this pollen in the air.

TigerLily

My head either itches or is sore right in the top of my head. It also grows the slowest there, too. I was told it has something to do with the hair getting trapped in the follicles. I put tea tree oil on that area and make sure to massage twice a day. Works like a charm.

baglady215

I got mine from the BSS... in one of those small bottles. It's blended with other oils but it works. I've also used braid spray with tea tree oil and it worked too.

Stormy

I'm not taking Biotin right now, but the top is where my hair grows the most and the fastest.

sithembile

The top/centre of the head itches as well, its been like that for years. I don't know why, I don't have dandruff or anything. I'm not taking biotin and oiling my scalp doesn't help. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon, so I'll have it checked it out.

sweetpeadst

sithembile said:
The top/centre of the head itches as well, its been like that for years. I don't know why, I don't have dandruff or anything. I'm not taking biotin and oiling my scalp doesn't help. I'm seeing a dermatologist soon, so I'll have it checked it out.

Keep us posted!

balisi

sweetpeadst said:
Mine too Dolapo! Was it doing that b4 you started taking Biotin? I really don't remember this b4 that!!![/QUOTE
I don't remember the itching before starting biotin either, but I can't say for sure. :confused: Also, you should be able to find tea tree oil at a health food store.