Dominican conditioners - ingredient lists

AllieCat0817

I did do an advanced search before asking the question but I'm not finding the answer...

I ordered a BUNCH of Dominican conditioners from BeautyofNewYork.com (I got my order in like TWO DAYS, awesome) and seems like most of them have mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin.

I know there is concern about these because they coat the hair and do not allow moisture in.

I was hoping to get feedback from the Dominican Conditioners ladies as to the ingredient lists. Is it not a big deal to you because the stuff is just that good??

I got these conditioners:
Silicon Mix
D'Fina 11 en 1
Miss Keys 10 en 1
Tropical strawberry rinse (this is THICK for a rinse!)
Nacidit avocado rinse (again, super thick for a rinse)
Nacidit coconut rinse
Capilo honey and milk cream
Capilo cinammon and sole rinse
Capilo cinnamon and sole cream
Capilo grapeseed rinse

Thanks for your input @ the ingredient list... and whether or not the questionable ingredients really matters or not... :)

MA2010

IMO the Silicon Mix IS that good even though it contains mineral oil.

Instant detangling, instant moisture, instant slip........love it!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the Silicone Mix which to be honest, I am still unsure about as to whether I like it or not, ingredients wise and performance wise, although it is said to be a HG by alot of the Ladies:perplexed Didn't do much for me.

I also have the Salerm 21 B5 Leave in which I like. But my all time favorite is the Trigo 'D German Wheat Germ Deep Conditioner. Which I love.:love:

At one time, I had alot of Dominican Products sitting somewhere in a cart in cyberspace, but decided against them all.:nono: In fact, some of the same ones you listed.

IK for a Fact, definitely won't repurchase the Silicone Mix again. I have a 60 oz Tub sitting here and I always reach right over it for something else. I like a whole lot of other things a Whole Lot Better.

The Salerm is a "maybe." :look:

But the Trigo 'D German Wheat Germ DC --- I will definitely buy this one again.:love:

naturalmanenyc

I have picked up Silicon Mix many times and always put it back due to the ingredients. However, so many people get great results that I may finally purchase this month. I need to good deep conditioner.

Taina

I'm dominican lived there my almost whole life, and i actually don't know all the conditioners you are talking about!
I mean, i've seen some of them in the stores, never tryed them tho.
I don't know what is in those, but i use :
- Emergencia )I LOVE this one)
- 10 en 1
- Cocolacio
- 14 in 1

I know is not the same for all heads, but those are the only ones i buy and use.

AllieCat0817

I used to worry @ the ingredients but NOT after I see how my hair drinks up some Silicon Mix! I bought a 36oz tub of it. This stuff is da TROOT!!!!

Ozma

Of all the Dominican products I've tried, the only keeper is Miss Key 1 en 10. It is a good medium-protein DC.

AllAboutMoi

Silicon Mix is a must have for me. It gives great slip for me and my hair always feels soft even if I airdry. I tried a few others and so far SM is the only keeper for me.

SelfStyled

Silicon Mix is a must have for me. It gives great slip for me and my hair always feels soft even if I airdry. I tried a few others and so far SM is the only keeper for me.

IA....I have tried Nacidit Avocado and La Bomba and they are just meh.....SM on the other hand really is a staple for me. I like the keratin and ceramide effect on my hair, and love the smell.

gissellr78

I love silicone mix....Cinnamon and sole is good for hair loss...but a piece of advice. Do not use deep condition with heat...it will make your roots kinkierrrrrrrrrrr....because it works by streghtening ur scalp and roots....I use it without heat.

I got that advice at the salon and ofcourse i didn't listen and went home and DC with cinnamon sole (no hair in the shower) but holy kink!