Dominican hair salons?????

sunnybunny

Im from philly!!!! does any one know of any good domininican hair salons thats good for african american hair???? And also has anyone had any experiences with their salons if so can you tell me about it:confused: :confused:

sunnybunny

Im from north philly, I know there is a few around but I don't want to just go to any body and get my hair burned out.I Also want to go every week just to one person so they can take care of my hair, not just do it, or me having to tell them what to do, i want them to look at my hair and see what i need and give it to me..... i don't have a perm at all, only chemical is the blonde that is now on my ends....

tnorenberg

Dominican salons ARE geared towards AA hair. You forget that the vast majority of us are mixed with something, and so are they. We are of the same blood sweetie. Don't get so caught up in this AA stuff because there are many AA salons that don't practice heathy hair maintanence. I think the idea behind the Dominican salons is that less is more for the health of your hair. But still don't foget...they are in the biz to make money too. The best ones I went to were in DC/MD area when I lived there. I know there were a few in Adams Morgan and on 16th st. I don't know if they are still there though. There was one in Silver Spring, MD where I lived. You may check the Hispanic Yellow pages and look for salons.