Dominican Salon in NYC for natural

inspiration150

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good dominican salon in nyc for a natural. Anyone a natural and they found that the salon knew what to do and everything was good. Preferable in the bronx. But NYC is fine as well. Thx.

Also they didn't pull your hair out. They also helped get your hair get longer. I am kinda tired and I want to take a break from doing my hair myself.

Last edited:

Whimsy

OK well, I went to a dominican salon near my (i'm in inwood, not far from bx) and they were kinda rough at first, but I told them to be easy, cuz i'm VERY tenderheaded (a lie) and they were much softer on my head.
I'm natural. It's a small hole in the wall, I went because it was the cheapest of the fiftyleven dominican salons near my house. I think she said 15 then she upped it to 20 when she saw my hair taken out of the bun. Other places were saying 35.

Edited to add: lemme know if u want the location. there are a few around here u may like tho.

inspiration150

OK well, I went to a dominican salon near my (i'm in inwood, not far from bx) and they were kinda rough at first, but I told them to be easy, cuz i'm VERY tenderheaded (a lie) and they were much softer on my head.
I'm natural. It's a small hole in the wall, I went because it was the cheapest of the fiftyleven dominican salons near my house. I think she said 15 then she upped it to 20 when she saw my hair taken out of the bun. Other places were saying 35.

Edited to add: lemme know if u want the location. there are a few around here u may like tho.

Thx. I am in dire need of a good place. I would love to know the location and any others you think are good.

BellaM

I live in the bronx, My aunt works in a salon in tremont and grandconcourse (around that area). I lovee the way she does my hair. I dont know about the other girls in there cause they never touched my hair. My aunt is very gentle and she always makes sure that my hair is clean before she does anything else. She always deep conditions my hair. My hair always ends up looking good, especially my ends. She's always begging me to come back to make me look pretty...lol

Whimsy

There's one on Dykman between sherman and nagle - It's a big one, looks clean, probably pricy, never been.

The one I referenced earlier was on Thayer street btwn Broadway and Sherman.

There are so many others in the area.

inspiration150

There's one on Dykman between sherman and nagle - It's a big one, looks clean, probably pricy, never been.

The one I referenced earlier was on Thayer street btwn Broadway and Sherman.

There are so many others in the area.

Thx. Can you give me the salon names and their address. I easily get lost lol.

inspiration150

I live in the bronx, My aunt works in a salon in tremont and grandconcourse (around that area). I lovee the way she does my hair. I dont know about the other girls in there cause they never touched my hair. My aunt is very gentle and she always makes sure that my hair is clean before she does anything else. She always deep conditions my hair. My hair always ends up looking good, especially my ends. She's always begging me to come back to make me look pretty...lol

Hey! Thx. what's the name of the place. I might check it out too.

PrincessLinzz

I go to Marcias on 175th and the Grand Concourse. Shes been doing my hair since I was 13. Not the nicest of salons but my hair is straight and healthy. Shrugs.

PrincessLinzz

Do you still go to her now and then ?

Yes, about twice a month when I need my hair straightened for an occasion. She just washes me and then blows me out (no rollers and no flat iron).

But now I wash my own hair and go just for the blowout. I like the way I wash and detangle way better because I wash in sections and lose way less hair. LHCF has made me conscious of a lot of stuff that I wasn't aware of.