Dominican salongoers

cocoberry10

Hi Ladies:

I'm really curious if getting dominican blowouts regularly could be a way to maintain healthy, relaxed hair.

For those that get them, how often do you get them?

Could I get them weekly, or would that damage my hair?

Right now, I'm protective styling like crazy!

Thanks!:)

For those that get them, how often do you get them? I get a blow out 2x a month. Rollerset 2x a month

Could I get them weekly, or would that damage my hair? Depending on the strength and condition of your hair, you could, without any adverse affects. You can also ask for the heat to be turned down and only blow the roots.

I'm really curious if getting dominican blowouts regularly could be a way to maintain healthy, relaxed hair.
For those that get them, how often do you get them? Could I get them weekly, or would that damage my hair?
I've been going to Domincan Salons for 6 years now. I used to get my hair blown straight every week for about 4.5 years and noticed my hair had thinned out.

Now, I still go weekly, but I only get my roots blown out. Usually, I will go one week and get the roots blown, and the next week I just get the set. Reducing the heat has helped my hair dramatically! I will get a regular blowout twice a year, and my hair is much thicker and healthier than before.

I mainly go to these salons because the rollerset alone leaves my hair very straight several weeks after relaxing, I like the quality of the products, and I appreciate the quick service.

I WONDER WHY MORE WOMAN DONT REALIZE THAT THE AMOUNT OF HEAT BEING USED AT A DOMINICAN SALON WITH THE WASH AND SET AND BLOW OUT IS CRAZYYYY..
BECAUSE HERE IT IS YOU GET A WASH AND THEN THEY SET YOU UNDER THE HOT A** DRIER AND THEN YOU WANT A BLOWOUT.. I SEE SO MANY WOMEN WITH THIN LONG HAIR AND I AM LIKE....i feel so bad for them you have the length but your hair is so thin...so its defeats the whole purpose of having long HEALTHY- hair....WTF

THE DOMINICAN WASH AND SET PROCESS IS GREAT BECAUSE THEY ARE FAST AND ARE DAMN NEAR SKILLED IN THIS AREA... BUT THE HEAT USUAGE IS CRAZY AND IT IS UP TO THE CUSTOMER TO KNOW THAT A BLOWOUT AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING UNDERNEATH A DRIER IS NO GOOD IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE HEALTHY HAIR...i mean sometimes you are going out and you may need the blowout for that purpose but if every time you go and get the waSH and set and blow out... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT...

BAP28 said:
I WONDER WHY MORE WOMAN DONT REALIZE THAT THE AMOUNT OF HEAT BEING USED AT A DOMINICAN SALON WITH THE WASH AND SET AND BLOW OUT IS CRAZYYYY..
BECAUSE HERE IT IS YOU GET A WASH AND THEN THEY SET YOU UNDER THE HOT A** DRIER AND THEN YOU WANT A BLOWOUT.. I SEE SO MANY WOMEN WITH THIN LONG HAIR AND I AM LIKE....i feel so bad for them you have the length but your hair is so thin...so its defeats the whole purpose of having long HEALTHY- hair....WTF

THE DOMINICAN WASH AND SET PROCESS IS GREAT BECAUSE THEY ARE FAST AND ARE DAMN NEAR SKILLED IN THIS AREA... BUT THE HEAT USUAGE IS CRAZY AND IT IS UP TO THE CUSTOMER TO KNOW THAT A BLOWOUT AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING UNDERNEATH A DRIER IS NO GOOD IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE HEALTHY HAIR...i mean sometimes you are going out and you may need the blowout for that purpose but if every time you go and get the waSH and set and blow out... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT...

Thanks for this info. It seems like you all are saying that getting regular blowouts will result in thin edges. Not good for me!

I used to get them yeeeeears ago every week and it wrecked havoc on my hair. Thin, drier than it already is, excessive breakage. I already have fine to medium hair so I just stopped it. All that I need to do is rollerset my hair and then wrap it and I get that nice smooth look.

But I guess it all depends on the strength of your hair because I have seen that some ladies here do it regularly.

I personally do not like that extra heat to my already relaxed(damaged) hair.

What I don't understand is why would you want all of that direct heat of a blow dryer on your hair. After it's rollerset, why not use a ceramic curling iron or flat iron on the roots. You should get the same results. Or at least I do.

i used to get them every month or so, i am natural and my hair will stay straight after a blow out fairly well. i notied that if the wrong person did my hair my ends would start to get damaged and my edges were thinning. Not all blow outs are alike the sylist has to know how long to let the dryer stay on each spot of your hair.

I stopped going because of this and I have found I can save money and time yet still have nice/ not exact to roots results on my own with a sedu. My hair is also healthier because I give it the time and attention it desearves.

with all this being said there is nothing like a very good blow out IMO and I do plan on going back only for a special occation or once a year or so.

My suggestion is to get the full set and blow out sparingly.

I go to the Dominicans once per week and I get the roots ONLY blown out. Many moons ago I used to get my hair blown out every week, and my hair was thin, dry, and always in need of a trim! :(

I get a full blow-out once every 3 months, when its time for my progress pictures.

Back