Dominican Salons: for long haired girls only?

Belle Du Jour

I know a lot of ppl get their bra strap length hair hooked up at the Dominican Salon. . .I'm not there yet.

Can they handle shorter natural hair? I'm intrigued by their deep conditioner services, but I don't want to use any heat (i.e. press and blowouts). I'm wondering what they can do for me style wise :look:

caligirl

You can get a rod set for a curly look. Dominican salons do an excellent job with wet sets. And their hood dryers are usually top notch so you'll be dry in an hour to an hour and a half.

Eiano

Yes girl,

and I'm convinced that the long haired ladies have achieved their length by going there. They make your hair feel like butta.. My mom has been going to one in Perth Amboy NJ, (Dominican CITY) and her hair has gone from the nape of her neck to her shoulder blades in about a year, and her hair is always so shiny silky and full!!!

SherryLove

the stylists at the dominican salon that i go to deal with all types of hair lengths from boy short to tailbone length. and going to the dominican salon has nothing to do with my hair being long. my hair was long as a child, but i chose to cut a lot once i turned 18....

goldensugar23

I guess it depends on what ds you go to.I have been to ds's that really hooked up shorter hair.The would curl it with different sizes of curling irons and shape up the nape.
Then i would go to ds that would just wet set short hair and pick it out..having the poor child looking like someones grandmother.. :p .(helmet hair).

If you are interested in the the deep conditioning services of ds..just simply buy you some dominican conditioner.My new fave(until my hair gets sick of it)is tropical de bano creme milk protien conditoner.Make my hair soft,shiny and detangled.

And to the question do ds help in hair growth...well depends i guess.When i started going to the ds my hair was damaged and about shoulder length.I always had long hair as well but it just wasnt healthy because of all the abuse i did to it.. so it wasnt growing at the time.After a few months of just getting a wet sets, having the roots blown out,using dominican products my hair grew to a healthy back length.

I wasnt expecting this to happen..but i did notice that in just about every ds the women had beautiful long healthy looking hair.

Last edited:

Guyaneek

I agree that the dominican salons can work for any length. Right now, my hair is to about the bottom of my neck since I BC'ed but prior, it is used to being a little past APL. They work wonders on both lengths and even my even shorter than current, just BC'ed length.
I had stopped getting my roots blown. I was afraid it was breaking my hair. But based on Goldensugars results, I may start it up again. ;)
HTH

Last edited:

Belle Du Jour

I just didn't want to be embarassed rolling up in there :p

I'll try and find one in my area. If not, I'll wait until I get back to DC.