"Don't be mad cause ya'll have BUCK-SHOTS and can't afford to buy or make the Potion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Don't be mad cause ya'll have BUCK-SHOTS and can't afford to buy or make the Pot

There are no labels on the bottles...I think that should answer the bolded for you...:perplexed :spinning:

I am not surprised. She better be careful because if she gets reported, she could get in alot of trouble. It amazes me how folks are so quick to up and try and sell stuff but don't do their research on all the legalities that are involved and if she is marketing her products as "organic" that is a whole different ball game on top of the regular things that go along with being legal...wonder if there is a tax id number to report her earnings :look::lol:

Re: "Don't be mad cause ya'll have BUCK-SHOTS and can't afford to buy or make the Pot

Hold on. We are on LHCF-most of us here are trying to grow our hair long and/or maintain length. We have a AA female, who I (we) assume has gone through many of the same struggles (mental, financial) to achieve healthy long hair and may POSSIBLY be exploiting (emotionally and financially) our strong desire for long, healthy hair. Not to mention displaying poor marketing skills (insulting a customer in the comments section of her yt vid). And we are questioning why there is a thread about it? Please check which forum you are in and site you are on. Lol.

ETA: whew, didn't mean it to sound so dang on harsh. So I added Lol to the end. :)

And this bolded reason is why I always gave Ms. Valerie OCherie or whatever and her witches brew the side eye. But then she adds insult to injuryand gets family to get in on the show as well. It's in bad taste. period.

SMDH im surprised this thread is still going on

cocosweet

Chitlin juice consist of magnificent properties that excelerate the hair growth.
Some buy it from the store but I like mines fresh so I go out to a farm every 2-3 weeks to shoot and gut a pig for the juice. You know what? Maybe I should start a chitlin juice challenge. :look:

OMG! I'm in. just cook it in the oven with a little hot sauce and celery oil for moisture and stimulation. Wait, I just gave away MY money makin elixir.:lick:

I've read this whole thread and think some people are forgetting something.

Regardless of whether or not this person had a business plan/is just a regular woman/is only human/makes mistakes/whatever other excuse people are trying to give.....Once she accepted $$$ in exchange for goods&services she BECAME a business woman. And she needs to act accordingly. Whether or not someone was trying to throw shade, she should have remained professional. That's not good customer service.

I would never go back into a brick&mortar establisment if I heard the owner berating a potential customer.

The person she made the comment to was not a customer. It was most likely someone who is on the same forum as she is. I find it weird that she did not mention this person by name, but someone sure is setting flames to her name. The bottom line is she did apologize for it. So many people mad at someone for whatever reason.:rolleyes: The potion is working for some people. Maybe not all. That is true of all products talked about on here.:ohwell:

Her hair looks a mess and I don't see any significant growth from June to July. I can't believe the women on LHCF has bought into this lady's crap. I will say this, most of the women here who have long hair did not get it by using growth aids. I wish people would stop wasting their money on crap.

Her hair looks a mess and I don't see any significant growth from June to July. I can't believe the women on LHCF has bought into this lady's crap. I will say this, most of the women here who have long hair did not get it by using growth aids. I wish people would stop wasting their money on crap.

hair care practices that promote retention always trump growth aids (aka snake oils and get growth quick schemes)

The 4 oz is now 17.95 whoa! I paid 5.95 for it but that was in the beginning, I can't believe that!!!

$5.95 is reasonable for me, but $17.95 is highway robbery. You can get entire quarts of oils for that price... on amazon :look:

I didn't see a drastic change in her hair length from 6/14 to 7/14. :perplexed

I didn't see a lot of change in many before/after pics of the potion... well, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. But people will see what they want to see, I guess :nono:

$5.95 is reasonable for me, but $17.95 is highway robbery. You can get entire quarts of oils for that price... on amazon :look:

I didn't see a lot of change in many before/after pics of the potion... well, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. But people will see what they want to see, I guess :nono:

Isn't it funny how some people will see what you tell them rather than what is right in front of them? People do this all the time..."Baby...I wasn't cheating, we were just practicing yoga...naked..."

^
You know what

hahaha, basically! *cracking up over here*

Or in this instance, pull an eye length fro' over people's eyes :look:.

Her attitude really pisses me off. I didn't know about her b4 this thread but she gives off such a knowitall vibe yet her hair is weird beyond my comprehension. Why is her fro relaxed? I wish people would stop falling for stuff :nono: She's sitting back getting rich laughing lol.

:lachen:

*dead*

Oh yes. I prefer Georgia chitlin juice myself. Preferably kept at room temperature so that the chemical reaction that creates the funk will stimulate my scalp.
Let the stinky shenanigans begin!

[/B]

OMG! I'm in. just cook it in the oven with a little hot sauce and celery oil for moisture and stimulation. Wait, I just gave away MY money makin elixir.:lick:

MsLi@512 cocosweet

:lol: Don't forget to give testimonials of how it made your hair grow 8 inches in 2 months. :rofl:

So, I tried to watch the video and didn't hear her say that. Was it in the comments?

I keep seeing how expensive her concoction is (which I would NEVER buy btw), but there are women who spend a "grip" on "high end" products, not designed for us or by us, which may or may not work that much better than cheaper products. I admit, I'm guilty with Moroccanoil products. Some people really believe the more expensive something is, the better (in clothes, shoes, products, services...) and they brag about the crazy amounts they spend, what's that saying about "a fool and his money?"

MsLi@512 cocosweet

:lol: Don't forget to give testimonials of how it made your hair grow 8 inches in 2 months. :rofl:

Seriously, though. I plan on seeing people (who have recently BC'd) with hair that is BSL- to MBL-length in a year :look:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't her last video of her with her hair unstraighten? If so, how can we even tell her has grown since she straighten it this time. IMO, that was just to make us think it has grown when in reality if she would have left it like it was in her first video it would have looked the same as the first.

Seriously, though. I plan on seeing people (who have recently BC'd) with hair that is BSL- to MBL-length in a year :look:

adamson
I was expecting earlier than a year. According to her, you can grow 3 inches in 7 weeks with her potion so that means one can gain 12 inches in 7 months.

With the ingredients it probably will help a persons hair grow, but only to its maximum potential length, meaning if the max your hair grows per month is, 1/2 inch, then it will boost it to the maximum of 1/2 per month.
But telling women they can grow 3 inches in 7 weeks is like telling me I can grow a foot taller in 1 year. :perplexed

Then its chicks paying $70 per bottle for it?? But its peeps like this that keep the black hair care industry in business. ANYTHING that is titled Fast Hair Growth Rapid Growth, consumers buy it up like crazy. Maybe I am in the wrong profession.

"Buck-shots" is a negative term used at least as far back as the 70's when I was a kid to describe the small tight curls found at the nape of the neck. It is used as a put down for those who have the kinkiest hair texture. Named after small metal balls used in shot gun shells.

oh we use to say to my sister we about to get in the kitchen

@adamson
I was expecting earlier than a year. According to her, you can grow 3 inches in 7 weeks with her potion so that means one can gain 12 inches in 7 months.

With the ingredients it probably will help a persons hair grow, but only to its maximum potential length, meaning if the max your hair grows per month is, 1/2 inch, then it will boost it to the maximum of 1/2 per month.
But telling women they can grow 3 inches in 7 weeks is like telling me I can grow a foot taller in 1 year. :perplexed

Then its chicks paying $70 per bottle for it?? But its peeps like this that keep the black hair care industry in business. ANYTHING that is titled Fast Hair Growth Rapid Growth, consumers buy it up like crazy. Maybe I am in the wrong profession.

ok spreaking of that I was thinking about all this and then I seen kimmay hair for like 10 months and that was a lot of hair....

She got about 3 inches of hair on her head selling a growth potion. :lachen::lachen:

There is nothing in her potion that is dangerous. All the ingredients have been talked about on here as being good for growth. She just put these ingredients in one recipe and then marketed her idea and it caught on. No different than all the oily sulfur recipes out there that people now sell. There are the scattered folks like Njoy and others that may have results. I never think growth photos are that convincing. So choose your oily potion. Buy it based on what ingredients are good for your hair and scalp.

No need to make it like some crime was committed. I hate when hair board folks make a mountain out of a molehill over trivialities. If you insult someone on their channel you deserve whatever comes your way. Be polite and ask questions. If the answer is unsatifactory then KIM.

Someone not a member of a hair board has put ingredients together and packaged and marketed her product well and now everyone is up in arms. It is not that serious. There is nothing wrong with the ingredients. Her prices are not that bad considering how much these ingredients cost indvidually.

Last edited:

There is nothing in her potion that is dangerous. All the ingredients have been talked about on here as being good for growth. She just put these ingredients in one recipe and then marketed her idea and it caught on. No different than all the oily sulfur recipes out there that people now sell. There are the scattered folks like Njoy and others that may have results. I never think growth photos are that convincing. So choose your oily potion. Buy it based on what ingredients are good for your hair and scalp.

No need to make it like some crime was committed. I hate when hair board folks make a mountain out of a molehill over trivialities. If you insult someone on their channel you deserve whatever comes your way. Be polite and ask questions. If the answer is unsatifactory then KIM.

Someone not a member of a hair board has put ingredients together and packaged and marketed her product well and now everyone is up in arms. It is not that serious. There is nothing wrong with the ingredients. Her prices are not that bad considering how much these ingredients cost individually.

Lying, making false claims, and presenting false testimonials to sell an item is criminal and unethical

Most items can be purchased relatively inexpensively in bulk so yeah the prices are outrageous. If it cost $5-something to make initially, why all of a sudden has the price jump to $17-something...and to charge $70 for something else????? Please!

I'm still just over here shaking my head at all this. :nono:

BTW: I have never believed in growth aids but even if I did...I sure wouldn't believe some chicka on youtube who threw together every substance that someone has claimed to be a growth aid into a pot and stirred. Naw!

th_BmXtZ.gif

Last edited:

Let's not forget that when you buy in bulk you can usually work out a real good deal with your supplier. The site that offers the garlic and onion oils has advertisement on her site and she has certainly drummed up business for them.

Someone not a member of a hair board has put ingredients together and packaged and marketed her product well and now everyone is up in arms. It is not that serious. There is nothing wrong with the ingredients. Her prices are not that bad considering how much these ingredients cost indvidually.

The bolded statement is completely false. There are drugs in her "potion." The product is not regulated or made professionally; who knows what's really in it. She won't even release the ingredients of most of the stuff she sells. Different people have sensitivities to drugs, like caffeine. Who knows how much biotin is in, that could cause a reaction. Just because something is easily attainable, doesn't mean it's 100% safe.

The issue is that people are having reactions to the product and it's being swept under the rug by the stans. There is no standard of manufacturing and no regulation. The least that can happen is encouraging people to stop using it if they don't feel right, instead of swooping in and defending the product.

LMAO @ her getting mad then making that comment! :lachen:

The potion didn't do a dam thing for me. I hair shed MORE! Unused and money wasted!

Castor oil, biotin, black tea, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion seed oil. What drug is in the potion? Biotin? I doubt topically it would cause harm. I think she has only said what her growth was in her eyes. I think she really believed she had that amount of growth.

The castor oil itself is about 4-15 dollars (depending on brand and size), Unless you buy the kind for constipation. Spices are at least 2-3 dollars. Biotin ranges from 5-20dollars depending on brand. Black tea ranges from 3-7dollars depending on brand and amount.So 14 dollars for 8 ounces is not that bad. I think the garlic and onion seed oils are somewhat expensive.

I am not saying I would buy it. But based on ingredients it sounds just as logical as MN, MTG, MT, castor oil, and eos. I have seen that as a growth mix. Or as logical as MN and several oils and eos, or sulfur, several oils and eos. Its just a matter of preference. People use castor oil for thickening and growth. This recipe has just a few more items for growth.

Make it yourself or don't. Buy it or don't. Don't like Valerie then don't watch her channel or updates. Let others decide for themselves.

Last edited:

I kinda hate that this woman was ever brought up in this forum. Oy. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back