Don't give up on...

sidney

having the relationship you desire with God. I don't know the magic formula, but I know that God is not a 'respector of persons'. The relationship you see others have with God, you can have also. His word says "If you draw nigh unto me, I will draw nigh unto you." It also says, if you seek me you will find me, if you seek with your whole heart. I met some young christians when I first became serious about my christian walk. And it was like watching the power of Peter and John in Acts 4:13 and I "knew they had been with God." I knew that I could have a deeper more intimate connection with the father because these young people had one.

I think the key is to spend time with God. I'm not talking about 5 minutes, but hours. Spend time in his word. Just start with a little time and work your way up. I know some may be like :ohwell:, all that isn't necessary, but we spend the same amount of time talking to friends and boyfriends, why not God? Isn't that the most important relationship of all? If you seek him with your whole heart, you will find him! Just wanted to say, don't give up! God has not overlooked you. He wants to reveal his will to you. His will is not meant to be a big secret. The bible says we are God's friends, and he shares his secrets with his friends.

But the caveat is that God works in in decency in order, I always say that! That's why it's so important to know his word. He says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." He will not open the door. You have to let God in by spending quiet time alone with him talking to him and praying. He says, you draw nigh first! He is not showing favor to some, and not others. It is us that forgets to show favor with God with our time.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I had to re-read this wonderful post, Sidney... Thanks for the reminder.

Walking in Love (God) is so simple, yet difficult.

God bless!

sidney

I was reflecting on this thread and I begin to think about the fact that in life we chase so many things. We chase careers and relationships. We chase friendships and material things. We are forever chasing something. But if you chase God he'll chase you back.

Psalm 42:1
"As the deer panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."