Don't underestimate that BLOW-DRYER!!!

itismehmmkay

My hair is so ALIVE! YES!!

I just recently started doing my hair myself again and I was wondering where all the body and movement went :( and why my hair was so hard and stiff :angry2:. Well, I was missing the essential salon factor: the blow-dryer.

So, I washed w/ CON, sprayed diluted Infusium 23, and applied a SMALL amount of NTM leave-in. Then blow-dried w/ a comb attachment and curled w/ a curling iron. Yes, I know that's alot of heat, but who cares.....lol.....My hair is loving it!

ETA: I blow-dried on low and left a tee bit of moisture for the curling iron. ;)

Last edited:

baglady215

I don't think the blow dryer is THAT bad if you don't abuse it. I use mine on low too, and I sit under the dryer on low for like 10 minutes before to partially dry it. And yes, I get awesome body and swing with it too!!!

Diane71

I use the blow dryer once in a blue moon and I'm not too fond of doing my own blow outs. First off, my hair is so darn thick I can't get the comb attachment all the way through, therefore risking breakage. Second, I prefer going to the salon for my blow outs. For some reason, they get my hair super straight, shiny and full of body with no breakage. I must be doing something wrong when I do it but I cannot blow out my own hair.

Hair goal this year: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005
public.fotki.com/Diane71/

Mizani_Mrs

yes i agree. I stopped using my blowdryer for the last 5months. I just started back using it and my hair has sooo much shine to it it's ridiculous. I use it on low heat and i'm always extra careful to detangle before i use it with a styling brush. and for the rest of the week, i have minimum breakage. When i was airdrying or using the domedryer, i had alot of breakage daily. so it's a keeper for me as long as it's low heat. and yes i use the NTM shine serum which makes my hair feel very silky.

baglady215

Ditto on the NTM serum... That and Kenra Silkening Gloss (for special occasions... so darn $$$) are my staples to silky, shiny hair!

myco

My problem with the blowdryer is that it makes me sweat. By the time I get the ends dry, I've sweated the scalp back wet.