Dont you hate when this happens... hair and your social life

Inches411

okay so your ready to wash ur hair and do the whole nine pre ppoing and deep conditioning rollersetting . its a saturday night and like me you have nothing to do and all of a sudden your friend calls you and says gets dress were going to do such ad such... and u want to go cause like me lol u dont have a life and u want to find one.. anyway.. thats me right now.. i think imma try and blow dry it but this will be something that is only done rarely.. dang. has this ever happen to you?

Neith

okay so your ready to wash ur hair and do the whole nine pre ppoing and deep conditioning rollersetting . its a saturday night and like me you have nothing to do and all of a sudden your friend calls you and says gets dress were going to do such ad such... and u want to go cause like me lol u dont have a life and u want to find one.. anyway.. thats me right now.. i think imma try and blow dry it but this will be something that is only done rarely.. dang. has this ever happen to you?

Heck naw :lachen:

On Sat and Sun, I try to do my hair in the day/early afternoon. I leave my nights free.

Enjoy your life a little more, hun! Life is hard enough and too short to keep letting hair get in the way! :cheers:

:club:

Beauty4Ashes

Many, Many times.....I guess you have to decide which is more important: life or your hair

For me, life wins every time.............:grin:
You can focus on your hair anytime

Toy

YES,This has happened to me and i end up not going and i say im not going to ruin all my progress for this 1 night.

ajacks

Yes, it has happened to me. I would hook that hair up really quickly and be on my way :yep:

caramelcutieinva

yep and I will slick some mane n tail conditioner in my hair and put it in a bun. That way my hair is getting a treatment while I dance the night away. In the morning I go through my normal hair routine.

BostonMaria

I once declined a date cuz I wanted to do my hair that night LMAO That was a persona non grata (no not my husband) and trust me deep conditioning was better than hanging out with his playa ass

Inches411

Guys u wouldnt belive this ........... i rush and blow dry my hair which i didnt even want to do and then my friend calls me telling me that she is leaving the get together cause her bf coming to get her.. and i dont know no one else really... and im like oh my god and shes like sorry if i rusehed you ... i am so mad... then... i realize that my mom borrowed my car... so even if i was gonna go my car was gone and i coudlnt go anyway.... im so upset.. now i just want to find somewhere to go cuase... i got all ready and stuff.. what a night

Nonie

Uhmmm...no. Can't say it's happened to me. I'm very stubborn and if I have plans already set, I am not likely to change them for anyone, unless it's an emergency. The list of plans I will not change includes already scheduled dates with my hair (perhaps I should say, ESPECIALLY those!).

charmtreese

Guys u wouldnt belive this ........... i rush and blow dry my hair which i didnt even want to do and then my friend calls me telling me that she is leaving the get together cause her bf coming to get her.. and i dont know no one else really... and im like oh my god and shes like sorry if i rusehed you ... i am so mad... then... i realize that my mom borrowed my car... so even if i was gonna go my car was gone and i coudlnt go anyway.... im so upset.. now i just want to find somewhere to go cuase... i got all ready and stuff.. what a night

Where do you live....I'm bored as heck!!!! We could hang out my wash day is not until tomorrow!!!:lachen:

wheezy807

Lol, i remember my SO did that too me. I had the whole evening planned to do my hair, shampoo, dc and rollerset. Nevertheless, i came a runnin'!:lachen:And i made sure to tell him how important he must be for me to leave the house in the middle of deep conditioning! But it was all worth it, lmao! :eek:ver18:

Inches411

Where do you live....I'm bored as heck!!!! We could hang out my wash day is not until tomorrow!!!:lachen:

hahaha im in nyc.. girl u far..lol...life is so funny i try to do my hair at a time where i think no one will call like early in the mornign.. but i get calls from friends wantign to go shopping and then i wait till night they still calling to go out... im lost for words right now.

fivetimestwo

The thought has crossed my mind to stay home and tend to my hair, but going out wins every time :grin: I also keep wigs on deck if my hair is really looking a H.A.M. That way I don't have to rush and do my hair but I can still look cute :yep:

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
^^^I would do this too BUT after isioma85 funny story about her cousins wig coming off in the club, I will never go that route. Whenever I did wear a wig to the club, I was paranoid times 20 and never enjoyed my night like I should have sans wig....

foxieroxienyc

^^^I would do this too BUT after isioma85 funny story about her cousins wig coming off in the club, I will never go that route. Whenever I did wear a wig to the club, I was paranoid times 20 and never enjoyed my night like I should have sans wig....

Holy cow I had to search that one!!!:lachen: What a story!

Um ok, this situation (doing hair and friends calling) ALMOST happened tonight.... Hey look my hair date is an engagement like anything else, lol. But I do make exceptions however and will whip up a quick style in a minute if the distraction is well worth it.

Dposh167

most of the time if i know i'm going out...i'll do it in the morning-early afternoon. However...i am guilty of not going out a nite..cuz i wanted to try out new hair products!....oh well

Casarela

yeah..I always say no ...and im realizing I havent been out for so loooooooooooooong . I think I need to go out soon. I just dont feel comfortable going out with a pina colada smelling head, especially when i dance my scalp gets all sweaty :s

jerjer29

saturdays aren't good wash/do your hair days because you never know wahts going to come up even if you dont have plans. what i hate though is when you make plans to do something at like 6 and you decide to do ur hair at like maybe at 3? but your friends end up calling u around 3 and are like 'hey lets do something before we go to that movie at 6 tonight'

i swear everytime i try to do my hair before going somewhere my friends always show up at my house early

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
That is so me!:lachen: Actually I can relate to your whole post.

Even though I might want to go I have to just make up an excuse because once I start my hair process there's no going back:lachen:. And there's no way I'm telling someone I can't go out because I'm doing my hair for many hours.....that's embarassing.

Solitude

Heck naw :lachen:

On Sat and Sun, I try to do my hair in the day/early afternoon. I leave my nights free.

Enjoy your life a little more, hun! Life is hard enough and too short to keep letting hair get in the way! :cheers:

:club:

same here! lol I make sure to do my hair early in the day on Sat/ Sun & it gets pincurled or wrapped as soon as I get home on Fri in preparation for going out.

Ivy_Butter

Even though I might want to go I have to just make up an excuse because once I start my hair process there's no going back:lachen:. And there's no way I'm telling someone I can't go out because I'm doing my hair for many hours.....that's embarassing.

You should not be embarrassed for doing your hair for several hours. Your hair is so pretty your friends should drop their plans and join you. If I had a friend with your hair and she said she going to spend the day doing it I would make up an excuse to come over and take notes. :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
You should not be embarrassed for doing your hair for several hours. Your hair is so pretty your friends should drop their plans and join you. If I had a friend with your hair and she said she going to spend the day doing it I would make up an excuse to come over and take notes. :grin:
Well thanks:grin:. Unfortunately I have no friends that even remotely understand. They're a go to the hairdresser, in and out quick type deal, lol. They think I'm crazy for having all this hair stuff.

joib

That's me too. Once I start the long (hair) process, it's a night:yawn:.

TLC1020

Yeah it sucks... Friday after work my SO calls and say lets go watch the presidential debate at the ramada inn, and i'm ok but then I looked at my head 11 weeks post and thought :blush:. I'm sitting here with my hair in a bun and looking a hot mess :nono:. So I get dressed anyway and we get there and every body all dress to the nine :ohwell:. Luckly we could not find any parks and it looked extremely crowded, then I say babe let's watch it at home. So we watched the presidential debate at home, he didn't mind either so it worked out.. :yep: