Dr. Miracle's Feel It/Temple Nape Balm

P

patient1

Just wanted to offer a quick review of this product. I got a free sample from a beauty supply store. The sample was supposed to be super strength "for a more intense tingling sensation". I just threw a bit on my temples and front edge out of curiosity and I can't say that there was anything intense about the tingling. Maybe I didn't use enough.

Anyway, just wanted to offer that to anyone who was considering. I don't know what the ingredients are but it does have a very clove, cinnamone, cardamom scent to it. Might be useful to all of those using mtg in order to mask the smell. (My friend has some. It's not the worst thing but definitely not a preferred fragrance. Not sexy. . .)

p1

ryanshope

I mixed this with mtg and wildgrowth, use this on my nape and a small "bald" spot that I have recently acquired...I like the tingle but it is too soon to tell if it works well.

L

legs71

I can attest that this stuff works. 2 1/2 years ago I got cornrows over the summer and they murdered my edges. They would grow in a bit and then I'd look and I'd be right back where I started. I was convinced I would have visibly thin/bald edges forever.

Well, 2 months ago I started using Dr. Miracles temple nape balm and to date my edges have grown back in and even more healthier and fuller than prior to the cornrows. This is coming from someone who used every product out there for thinning edges including the infamous expensive Nioxin follicle booster. I wish I had before and after pics to show you how much they have grown.

I'm currently wearing a weave, but I give myself a month and I will be able to confidently wear a phony pony and not be concerned about my edges looking scraggly and thin in comparison to the rest of my hair.

P

patient1

I don't think I used enough the first time. It was a small vial (a sample). Well, last night I put some on after I had washed my face (my hairline was slightly damp). I put a generous amount on and THIS time I could feel the heat. It only lasted for a few minutes, but I see that you have to put a good sized dollop on. Just be careful. Some of it got in my eyes a tad bit. Not a good place for the heat.

p1

Divine Inspiration

I had some of this and sold it on the board. To me, it was too thick. It had the consistency of something meant to hold hair in place (think Elasta QP Glaze). I didn't like how gooey & stiff it made my temples so I got rid of it.

I used ORS Temple SERUM (not balm) and I LOVE it!!! I agree with asphyxxia; the balm is very greasy, and it was thicker than my preference too. The serum is the truth though. It's the best thing to happen to my temples in a long time. I've completely grown my temples back in & now I use rosemary on them for maintenance.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
The BSS gave me and my Cinnabuns quite a bit of these samples. And yes it is very tingly. The only thing was it dryed my hair out very bad. :nono: I won't be using it in the future.

hot_pepper96

I have it. I only use it to cover up smell of MTG. However, I'm not sure if I've actually seen results.

I also have the Braid Relief Gel. They seem the same to me.

L

legs71

6 months later and I am still in love with it. My edges have sprouted in completely and continue to grow like crazy. As I mentioned in my post earlier I had tried everything possible and nothing worked. The Nioxin Follicle booster helped a little, but for the most part it dried my hair out and made my scalp sticky and gooey. What I like the most about the temple/nape balm is that it is a creme opposed to a grease so it doesn't clog your pores.

Trust me when I tell you my edges from the temple on down were awful. They were so bad that I had to wear braid extensions in order to mask the damage that was done. My edges which were never thick prior to the cornrow disaster are now thicker and fuller. I currently wear a full weave and my top and edges are relaxed, but also stretching out my relaxers on my edges has helped also. I highly recommend this stuff because it is great!

Dandy112

I have it but I guess maybe I need to use it more often...I really dont like the consistency of it...it feels veiry weird to me but I do like the tingling sensation I get when I use it. Right now I am using ORS fertilizing temple balm and I see results with it so I am going to continue using that until it runs out.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

This is a crappy hair product. It's very greasy, tingles and then it made my hair very dry and irritated my scalp. I stopped using it ASAP.