DSD's Protein Hair Shake

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
DSD\'s Protein Hair Shake

I am trying to maximize my hair growth rate by increasing my protein intake. I am currently getting anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 inches per month.

Well, I recently tried to boost up my protein intake by drinking protein shakes and I couldn't believe how nasty those things taste. So I came up with my own protein hair shake.
Not for those who are lactose intolerant.

This shake includes approx. 15 grams of protein.

1/2 cup of icecream just about any flavor will do(vanilla choc. or straw.)
1 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of malted milk

Mix all of the ingredients together and enjoy.

It may not be extremely high in proein but I would rather intake lower protein with a better taste than higher protein that is not drinkable at all!

The only difference is my shake doesn't contain all of the extra vits. But I take enough vits as it is without the added extra in a shake!

KinksnCurlz

Re: DSD\'s Protein Hair Shake

LMAO... hey, u just might be onto something
I'm going to stop by GNC and see about getting the powder myself. Which one did you buy - so i can avoid?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I tried the Walgreen's brand. They had it on sell and I couldn't resist. Especially since it had 25 grams of protein per serving.

KinksnCurlz

This is one of my New Years Resolutions, to get more protein in my diet. I'm opting for 2 shakes per day. Once in the morning, and one again with dinner.

Nyambura

surfer girl

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
I am trying to maximize my hair growth rate by increasing my protein intake. <font color="red">I am currently getting anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 inches per month.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I LIKE your version, DSD!
Unfortunately, I don't think there's much I can do to speed up my hair's turtle-like pace.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Please let me know how this works out girl! I am so curious. Is their a good tasting protein shake out there?!

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Is their a good tasting protein shake out there?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not
But i am going to grin and bear it.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I recently purchased Isopure Zero Carb after reading some good reviews on this board. One shake has 50g of protein. I got vanilla flavor from Vitaminshoppe for $35. It tastes good on it's own. But I add a few frozen strawberries and mango chunks to mine. Yesterday I tried it with cocoa powder.
I also plan to try it with one of the General Foods Int'l Flavored Coffees.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I recently purchased Isopure Zero Carb after reading some good reviews on this board. One shake has 50g of protein. I got vanilla flavor from Vitaminshoppe for $35. It tastes good on it's own. But I add a few frozen strawberries and mango chunks to mine. Yesterday I tried it with cocoa powder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scurred to try it! If I do decide to I will let you all know how I like it. At least at the Vitamin Shoppe you can returm items for a store credit.

50 grams of protein in nearly 1/2 of what I am trying to get in daily intake. I want to intake about 120 grams per day.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Is their a good tasting protein shake out there?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes... I drink this shake and it is awesome

And it's low carb

sillygurl18

Protein Shake Recipe

2 Tbs. Soy Protein Powder (your favorite kind)
1 cup milk or juice
1/4 cup fresh, canned or frozen fruit ice

Mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link to the powder...I can't find on with more than 25 grams of protein....and only one kind that I know of has 0 carbs....this is just what I've been looking for!!

Tebby

Mariaat40

[ QUOTE ]
sillygurl18 said:
Protein Shake Recipe

2 Tbs. Soy Protein Powder (your favorite kind)
1 cup milk or juice
1/4 cup fresh, canned or frozen fruit ice

Mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mariaat40

Whoops! I meant to reply that this recipe is very similar to the smoothie that I make every morning for breakfast:

A favorite juice
Soy or skim milk
Crushed Ice
A banana
GenSoy soy protein powder (1 scoop has 25 grams of protein.)

Blend until smooth and creamy. These are quite tasty IMO.

Mochalolita

Hey Denali...I use the same protein shake! I have some every morning....it does taste good. I've actually started looking forward to drinking it when I get up...

Hugs,
Crys

LABETT

I am still hanging in with my GNC Optimum Whey Vanilla Ice
cream protein shake it contains 23gms of protein per scoop.
I drink it twice a day with skim milk which has 9gms of
protein.
Taste is not all that great my I get good results.

L.Mo.

Make sure you drink more water if you increase your protein... your kidneys will thank you.

aprilbiz

I used GNC 100% Whey Protein in chocolate... It's good by itself, but I do have a little recipe:

1 cup Non-fat milk
1 heaping scoop of 100% Whey Protein (21g protein;5 carbs;120 calories)
3 ice cubes
4 tsp Int'l Coffee Hazlenut

blend it up and put it in a tall glass...Oh I also add my MSM, L-Cystein, and other caplets. I do two of these per day (sometimes) and I'd like to combine it with a meal replacement shake...

GNC 100% Whey Protein

shinyblackhair

How about Slim Fast, I think it has about 15g of protein per serving when make with 2% milk.

brwnskingirl

this is so funny because this is how my boyfriend make my drinks for me....he mixes ice cream with banana or strawberries (or any fruit) with the protein shake ice and a drop of honey, it is tha bomb. He use to lift weights thats why he is so familiar with covering up the taste of the powders.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
brwnskingirl said:
this is so funny because this is how my boyfriend make my drinks for me....he mixes ice cream with banana or strawberries (or any fruit) with the protein shake ice and a drop of honey, it is tha bomb. He use to lift weights thats why he is so familiar with covering up the taste of the powders.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's interesting to know because I have 2 lbs of powder that need to be used up. I may have to give it a try! Thanks!